23 | jealousy

Tuesday 14th November 2023
9:02 pm

Mattheo's POV

"Woah, someone's getting defensive

"Woah, someone's getting defensive." I chuckle and scan her face. "My god, you really have been dreaming about me, haven't you?"

Of course I already knew this information, but I just had to use it to my advantage. I always love collecting leverage against people, just so they do what I want, when I want.

For example, take Nott. I know about some well... controversial things he did when him and Jaya were 'talking'. So I told him I'd spill his secret to her if he ever tried to speak to her again.

Simple.

Now with Jaya, her dreams... clearly she's been dreaming about me and has heard multiple conversations of mine with Draco, which pisses me off but oh well. I have said some quite... interesting things that she may not have liked - which explains exactly why she hates me.

But I'm not going to give up on winning her over. I've dreamt enough about her too to know how to get her to fall for me.

"I have not." She states, her face burning red as she gets angrier by the second.

Cute.

"Jaya, Jaya, Jaya. We both know that you're lying. I can tell by you eyes that you are. I'm really good at reading people." I explain and she rubs her face in frustration.

"I'm going." She says sulkily and storms out of the room with her orange juice carton in her hand.

When I told her that apple juice is so much better, I was lying. I actually like both apple and orange and will have either depending on my mood.

I sigh and and go over to the bench where I left my hoodie. I put it back on and then see something shining on the floor. I squint my eyes and bend down to pick it up, only to realise it's a necklace with a heart shaped locket on it.

Must be Jaya's.

I open the locket up, preparing to be pissed if I see it's a picture of her and Theo or something, but I'm taken a back when I see a picture of herself, her mother who I instantly recognise - although she looks brighter and not so run down as the last time I saw her - and another boy who I've never seen before.

I scan his face trying to recognise him but I realise his features are a lot like Jaya's. His eyes are as big as hers, and their noses are the same shape. He also has the same shade of brunette hair that Jaya does too.

Jaya doesn't have a brother. I've never once seen her with him in my dreams. Although before I met Jaya in real life my dreams were a lot more vague and broken up... now that we've met and are in close proximity most of the time, my dreams have been a lot more clearer.