The Great Encyclopedia

As with every new story, and even more with science fiction, a whole new universe comes to life. This world is populated with strange planets and species. It also gives birth to specific technologies and social norms.

As the authors planned and wrote the Lost Cradle, those special elements took a great part establishing the success of the story.

To give credit to the imaginative world building of our twenty authors, we present The Great Encyclopedia of the Lost Cradle Universe!!!

image: iStock - credit: aeduard

ALI (acronym):
Artificial Life and Intelligence - the Strawberry Mollusk's  AI

Amber (noun, ambiguous):
1) Legendary Human explorer and spaceship captain. Believed to be lost on her epic search for Earth, the cradle of humanity.
2) Fossil material only found on Earth, the lost planet of human origin. Artefacts made of amber, preferably those with trapped insects in the stone, are traded at ginormus sums across the galaxy.

Amphilion (noun, personal name):
Part human, part Shozien. Librarian in the great Gi'āna Library. Shortened to Phili.

Āsa (noun):
Star type G - Sun-sized, sun coloured (yellow)

Ark Ship (noun):
A large star ship carrying many colonists to a new world in hopes for a better life. One well-known example is the mythical Ark Hope

Cerberos Sawfish (noun):
A marine creature tat is edible by Hiwjshi and humans.

Christine Darkness (adj): 
Threads of dark elements weaved into the fabric of the story, sometimes in places they needn't be, to give off a tiny jolt.

Cralxaks's Pawn Shop:
A lot of junk packed into a tight space.

Dendrocryptography (noun):
Refers to an advanced and intricate method of information encryption and storage within the growth patterns of trees. This concept merges dendrology, the scientific study of trees, with cryptography, the practice of secure communication.

Earth History ancient holo-log:
A highly sophisticated alien technology comprised of a single tablet, unlockable only through the touch of an individual carrying strands of Human DNA. Its opening prompts a series of holo-videos into function, and at the same time activates the narrator whose function is to interactively retell the history of planet Earth.

Elveszett (noun):
Red Dwarf (type M)

Gi'āna (noun):
Library station located in the Āsa system

Greys/Grays (noun):
Ancient species roaming the solar system, although they are long forgotten outside of this limited area in the backyard of the galaxy. They are characterized by a slender frame surmounted by an oversize triangular sort-of head, almost the shape of a raindrop.