Chapter one: coffee

Alex POV

I always enjoy spending my time at Sarah's café. My mom used to come here to write books. I don't know what is so special about this café but all the books written in this café by her have been damn successful. I have always liked the idea of writing books but I haven't tried yet. I don't have a storyline but finding a storyline won't be hard. At least that's what I believe

Sarah: "What are you thinking Alex ?". I lied "just thinking about your magical café". I had no reason to lie but I just didn't want to talk about my passion for writing cause I'm still not sure about it. not yet. Sarah asks "Do you need a cup of coffee? the one with extra milk, less sugar? ".I reply with a smile "u know me so well."

She just smiled and left to get my order ready. Sarah is really sweet and was my moms best friend too. I remember her taking care of me when I was like five years old cause my mom had to go on the inaugurations of one of her books and she couldn't take me with her. I was pretty mad at her at that time but as I grew older I realized that the book was strictly for audiences aged 16+. My mom has written books of almost all genres be it romance, drama, fiction, thriller, horror and many more. I don't think I'll follow in her footsteps and write on all topics. I'm Going to choose one topic and excel at it hopefully. Writing books was fun for my mom. Her fans still contact me telling me how tragic it was to lose her 5 years ago. She passed away at the stage due to a heart attack, it was her new book's inauguration. Sarah returns with my cup of coffee and takes a seat in front me.

"thank you Sarah" I reply as I take a sip. "So how's your university?" Sarah asks politely. she has definitely gotten the news. "So it seems like you have received the gossip," I responded. "It's not like I wanted the gossip," she said as she rolled her eyes. I couldn't help but tell her the truth. I finally spoke up " I failed this year as you would have heard and now I have to repeat my semester again". She seemed pretty disappointed, " You must really work hard this year".

"yes yes I know", I reply annoyed. Then, there's a chime of new customers entering the small sweet café. Sarah smiles and gives me a nod indicating that she has to go. I smile back and continue drinking my coffee.

The café is small in size but its beauty compensates all the flaws.

"Your one good quality fades all your imperfections" , that's what I believe.

The café has small plants at the corner, the sunlight that enters through the windows on the wooden tables give me such positive vibes. I stare at the pink walls of the café realizing that Sarah's favorite color is pink. I don't hate pink like how boys of my age usually do. I don't really have a favorite color, I feel all the colors are same. Almost everyone who knows this about me think I'm colorblind but that's not the case. I just don't want to choose a color from infinitely beautiful colors. All colors are beautiful. All colors are equally special. Choosing one doesn't feel right.

*beep beep*

I picked up my phone to check who's texting me. It's Daniel, we have been friends for over five years.

Daniel: Bro ready?

Me: For what?

Daniel: for your first day as a fresher again. lol.

Me: Shits, I completely forgot about it.

Daniel: I know that's why I'm reminding you.

Daniel: Stay away from any fights. You don't want newbie girls thinking you're a red flag or else u will die single bro.

Me: I don't want any either. I will die single like a king.

Daniel: Firstly, which king dies single? and secondly, if you die as a king, who the hell will continue your hierarchy?