Chapter 3: Wine

Alex POV

As I was finishing up with my manuscript, I saw Daniel coming towards me. "Seems like you've got nothing to do? No classes to attend?" he asks, sitting next to me. "You see, they are teaching the same thing I learned last year. So, I prefer to stay here," I reply with a serious tone. "Let me just correct you, they are definitely teaching the same thing but you didn't learn it last year, that's why you have to learn it again this year," he replies with a failed attempt to be sarcastic. Daniel pulls out his phone from his pocket and says, "I heard that some of the sophomores are also going to the party."

"That isn't allowed, right?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, but they are still going," Daniel replies not looking away from his phone.
"So you are going too?"
"If I go to the party, will you come too?" he asks, looking at me.
"Of course... NOT!" I reply sarcastically."I knew you were going to do something like that. Anyways, Lucy and her friends are going," he replies.

Oh no, I forgot to warn Sophia about Lucy. She's a bully who tried to hit on me last year, but I refused because I wasn't interested in her, and I knew she was trying to date me because of my mom's fame. But when she asked me for a reason, I just got blank and told her that she was way too much for me and I liked simple, modest girls. And of course, her friends had to take it to a whole different tangent by telling Lucy that I didn't like her because she wore too much makeup. The worst part is Lucy believed it and started ragging/bullying girls with no makeup.

That's so ridiculous. Like how can "you are too much" be equal to "you wear too much makeup"? This math isn't mathing.

I should probably warn Sophia. But where will I find her, since the classes are over? OH YEAH! At Sarah's Cafe, because she needed the job, so I guess I'll go to the cafe and meet her. I did tell her not to talk to Lucy though.

"I gotta go," I say to Daniel as I get up from my chair. "Where are you going?" he asks, packing his backpack. "Sarah's cafe, see you later." Daniel looks up and says, "Ok fine, but are you sure you don't wanna come for the party? You will be missing a lot of stuff. You know there's something called FOMO." He said the word 'FOMO' by putting invisible quotations on it using both his hands.

"I frankly believe in SOMO, you know SOMO right? 'Satisfaction Of Missing Out,'" I reply sarcastically. Daniel gets a call on his phone and nods to me bye while carrying his backpack on one shoulder and moving out of the cafeteria. I too grab my backpack and move out of the cafeteria towards my car.

I sit inside my car and drive towards the cafe.I enter the cafe and I don't find Sophia. Instead, I see Sarah drinking coffee. 

So, I walk towards her and ask her, "Did Sophia come?", she looks up and asks, "U mean that girl who created a fuss that day?".

 "Yes, she was about to apply for a part-time job here"

"Yeah, I know but she didn't get the job," she said blatantly 

"But why? Don't tell me you think you can handle this place all by yourself"

"I thought YOU wouldn't like it if she worked here," she said emphasizing on "you"

"A. I wouldn't mind her working here or anywhere
 B. She is in my uni and we have moved over the fuss which happened the other day
 C. You could hire her, if her job application is worth pursuing"

Damn, I need to find her ASAP or at least before Lucy finds her. I look at Sarah and ask her, "Do you have her number?"

"I could give you the number she used to call for the job interview but why do you need it?"

"It's urgent and I can't explain right now"

"OK fine..... here you go," she says as she hands over her phone to me I quickly feed Sophia's number on my phone with the contact name as "Sophia university sophomore" and instead of tapping on 'save' button I clicked on 'call'. Now, there is no backing up. I can't just cut the call even though I can but it feels illegal to ring someone's phone for 2 seconds. I place the phone over ear.