Chapter 30 - Morning ⚠️ Mentions of Abuse ⚠️

Lucy's POV:

    I stood in front of the mirror the next morning covering the bruise on my temple with my moms makeup. My eyes were still tired with sleep and my face felt like it had a layer of plaster over it. I hadn't gotten much sleep but when I did, I woke up more tired than I had before I'd gone to sleep. I glanced at myself in the mirror, my bloodshot eye whites against the pale crystal ring around my dilated pupil. I wanted to cry, with every small pat of concealer I put on, the bruise burnt more. I winced but overall stayed in control of the tears, allowing the occasional one or two to slide down my tinted cheeks.

       I knew by the way my mother yelled at my father to stop, by the way she screamed at him to have mercy on me, that I was "just a girl". It wasn't a tone I've heard from her many times. Only when she'd beg for something. She wasn't the type of woman who'd beg. I could only remember the shine of the metal end of the belt, the smack of the hard material hitting my face. I didn't want to know what my father was capable of but I know it's more than that... that made me want to die on the spot, I'd never felt so scared of him before. Sure he was cold and awful but I never thought he'd hurt me, that bad.

      I ran my thin fingers along my upper arm, tracing the red marks of leather side of the belt. They didn't hurt as bad, but the skin was still sensitive. Surprisingly, most of the pain wasn't from the physical damage he'd caused me. It was the words he'd told me...

      I wouldn't be going back to Hogwarts. I'd be living with my Auntie Bella for a while, which I suppose wasn't bad, she loved me. Right?

      Something in me ached, I don't know what it was. It felt like my stomach twisted upside down. My face felt as though there was plaster covering it, unmovable... numb.

      I finished covering the red marks and got dressed, my family was out for the day, Draco was with Father and Mother was with Auntie. I had the house to myself, aside from the elves but, then again, they don't bother me unless it's dire.

       It was a rather chilly day, I'm surprised it was just a layer of frost covering the ground and not snow. I threw on my coat and went outside, a small bush in the back corner of my garden glowed against the green trees. The blossoms were gorgeous, violet buds with the occasional lavender ones dotting the entire plant.

Draco and I planted the ornamental cabbage when I was younger, I loved planting with my entire heart, I'd never had a green thumb however Draco loved tending to the gardens

...

Later that day I was sitting in my room, I was reading a book on Hogwarts and it's history since I might never get to read it again. I had a few clothes scattered across my bed along with my trunk. Mother told me Aunt Bella will treat me well as well as uncle Rudolphus who I'd only ever met at one of my fathers parties.

I set the book down and folded my clothes, placing them in the trunk. Bella said she'd gotten me some clothes but I didn't know how she'd expect me to dress at her house.

Sadly, I couldn't bring my owl. Father said I won't be allowed contact with anyone other than my family at the Lestrange Manor.

Fucking hell.

I hated this feeling, helplessness, that is. It was like a rock sitting at the bottom of my gut. What could I have done differently? Was it really any use to fight it now?

I could grab my things and run.

Father would find me with a snap of his fingers however, thanks to his "brilliant" connections at the Ministry.

Run, you idiot. You could run and find Harry.

I shut out that little voice in my head saying I could ever find Hogwarts on foot. This was how it was gonna go, I'm going to live with Aunt Bella for a few years, finish my schooling as a homeschooled child. I'd make my family happy
—however that may be..

This was my life now. No more Harry. No more Hogwarts. Is it weird I care this much for a Gryffindor? For a boy who's famous for surviving?

My heart hurt, like it was beating in many different parts. I needed something to put it back and hold it together.

It was Harry. I needed Harry fucking Potter to fix me. I loved him.