Chapter 24

Alex’ P.O.V.

I wake up having the worst headache I’ve ever had. I open my eyes and look into eyes I don’t recognise. “Hi sweetie.” She whispers as she tries to climb on top of me. “Fuck.” I whisper. “That’s my plan baby.” She moans. “No, I’m serious. What the fuck happened last night?” I groan. “You mean, you don’t remember?” The look in her eyes changes. “The last thing I remember is the pillow fort, with Val. Holy fuck, Valerie!” She sits straight up. “You’re still with Valerie?” Her eyes widen. “Yeah, can you please tell me what happened, and your name.” “I’m Celeste, I’m a huge ATL fan and when I heard your birthday party was at Jacks I decided to give it a try and come as well. I saw you and started talking to you, I figure you were loaded already. After a while of talking you started kissing me, I thought you and Val broke up. The kiss got more intense and we walked towards your house, it took us a while but since we were both drunk and you said you couldn’t remember driving a car there it was the only option. You pulled me to your room and took off my clothes and we…” “We had sex?” I close my eyes, trying to remember anything, but I only remember a drinking contest with Jack. “We did. I’m sorry, if I had known you and Val were together I wouldn’t have done anything, I just wanted to talk but you’re so hot and…” I bit my lip. “Listen Celeste, I’m really sorry myself too, but can you please keep quiet about this, get dressed and leave without anyone seeing you? I have to find my girlfriend and explain what happened.” “Ye-yeah sure, I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry if anything...” She starts crying. “Please don’t cry, I’m sorry for giving you the idea that… you know, I just have that when I’m really drunk so I’m really sorry, please, please don’t tell any press guys about this, I probably had an amazing time with you but I can’t use this right now.” I jump up, searching around the room for my clothes and throwing Celeste hers. “We used a condom right?” I furrow my eyebrows, looking up at her. “Yeah we did.” She smiles. “Thank god.” I follow Celeste downstairs and watch as she leaves, then I jump into my car and drive off to Jacks house.

Jacks P.O.V.

I’m making myself breakfast when suddenly a pounding on the door breaks the silence. “Jack, open the door.” It’s Alex. I walk towards the door and open it, hitting my best friend as soon as I get the chance. “You’re a fucking moron!” I yell at him. “How do you even dare coming here.” I stop hitting him when Alex bursts out into tears. “I screwed up.” He falls down on the stairs, hiding his head in his hands. “Yeah, you sure did.” “How, how did she react?” Alex’ eyes are red from the tears. “She saw your intense make out session and got into the car, then she went home crying. You fucking ripped her heart apart, if it isn’t anything worse.” “Goddammit, I should never touch alcohol again.” He hits the wall. “Can you take me there?” He looks up again. “Only if you leave when she says so.” Alex nods so I grab the car keys and jump in the front seat.

After a few minute drive we arrive at Zacks house and I ring the doorbell. Zacks mother opens the door. “Hi Jack.” She smiles, the smile disappears when she sees Alex. “What’s he doing here?” Her eyes still on Alex. “He’s sorry.” “And you believe him?” “I’m not sure, I just hope he was too drunk to know what the fuck he was doing.” “Dude, I’m right here. I can hear you talking.” Alex groans. “I don’t care.” “Please mrs. Merrick, let him go upstairs for a while.” “I swear to leave when I told my story.”

Val’s P.O.V.

I hear the door opening, but I don’t move. I feel the bed cave in a little as someone sits down and I feel a well-known hand stroking my hair. “Fuck off.” I groan. “Val, please.” He whispers. I turn around and open my eyes. “I’m sorry.” His eyes are focused on some point on the floor. “Sorry?” I spit out. “Sorry for what? Because when I saw you last night you seemed everything but sorry.” “I was drunk.” “Blame it on the alcohol.” I turn back around, facing the wall. “I bet you don’t even know her name.” “It’s Celeste.” “Wow, Gaskarth shows interest.” “Valerie, can I please tell you what happened?” “You were sober enough to remember?” “No, no I wasn’t, but she told me.” “Oh sure, she told you, I bet it’s a real love story.” Alex sighs and starts telling what happened, according to that girl. To be honest, I still love hearing his voice and I really want to feel his arms around me, him holding me tight and singing me to sleep again, but I can’t stand the idea that he has been snuggling to another girl last night, another girl that he fucked.

“Listen Val, she knows I didn’t mean anything with it, I was fucking drunk and I feel really bad about it. I get it if you want to break up and..” “I don’t want to break up.” I interrupt him. “But I think it’s better, because that way you can have sex for once, with someone that doesn’t get panic attacks when someone even touches her.” I bite my lip to hold back the tears.

Alex’ P.O.V.

“Val, I told you, I want to wait when you’re not ready for it. Last night was the most boneheaded thing I’ve ever done, I’m an idiot. And I didn’t do it for fun because I had to ask that girl…” “Celeste.” Valerie pronounces the name with a tone that obviously contains hate. “Right, Celeste, I had to ask her if anything happened. I just woke up with a massive hangover, the last thing I remember was the tickle fight in the pillow fort.” I really want to hug her, hold her close and never let her go again, but I have the feeling I really lost her. “Alex, please just go.” I get up. “I still love you.” I whisper before closing the door, almost bumping into Zack.

Zack’s P.O.V.

“The fuck are you doing here dude?” Alex bumped into me in front of Val’s room. “I wanted to talk to her.” He looks at his feet. “Amazing, and what did you tell her?” Alex tells me a story about this fan talking to him and him being so drunk. “So if it wasn’t for the alcohol nothing happened?” I spit at him. “No, of course not, I love Val!” I laugh. “Yeah, we’ve all seen how much you love her.” Alex tries to say something but I stop him. “I think it’s better if you left, not just for me, or Val, but for yourself as well.”

I follow Alex downstairs and throw the door shut behind him before walking into the living room where Jack’s sitting. “Hey dude.” I half-smile at him. “I’m sorry for getting him here.” He whispers. “Doesn’t matter.” I sit down next to him. “Hey Zack?” “Yeah?” “Can we continue the band shit, I mean, he’s our lead singer and he’s still my best friend.” “I will play the songs, and talk maybe, but Lex hurt my sister and I won’t forgive him that easy.” “Thanks man.” “Just for the band though.”

We sit in silence for a while when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, Valerie opens the door and half stumbles inside, her body wrapped in a fleece plaid. I get up and hug her. She sits down on the couch. “Hey Jack.” She lays her head on his shoulder. “Hi Riles.” He throws his arm around her and hugs her.