A fun night!

Elijah(E) and Asher(A) walk in and join Luke(Lu) and Lucas(L) on the couch. They will all be part of the conversation. 

(E) We need to talk about something. I brought photos. This house is six bedrooms and seven bathrooms. It has a basement, and it has an inground pool. It is listed at eight hundred thousand. It is valued at seven hundred and ten thousand. We can look at it Friday and put in an offer. 

Lucas and Luke look at it and they both like it. 

(L) Can we afford it?

(A) Our house is worth around four hundred and thirty-five thousand. We would all split the rest.

(E) We would all be on the deed. We would all own twenty five percent of the new home. 

(Lu) I'm in. 

(L) Me too.  

(A) I already gave him a hundred thousand of my money. 

(E) I transferred one hundred thousand from yalls account too. What we would do is take the two hundred thousand from Luke and Asher. Lucas and I would split the rest since we have total access to our money. Then when we sell this house Lucas, and I would put that money back into our pockets. 

(L) Sounds fair. 

(Lu) Do yall have three hundred thousand each?

(E) Yes. I invested two hundred thousand for each of us. I still have right under a million left. I got two hundred thousand to take care of Asher. Lucas still has right under eight hundred thousand. You both have seven hundred thousand and yall will get the two hundred and thirty thousand in five years. We will too. Then you will own close to two hundred thousand in equity in the house. 

(Lu) That sounds good. 

(L) I am also ok with that. 

(E) We will be fine financially. I also have around two hundred thousand from working as a nurse before I went back to school. We will be fine.

(L) I graduate soon and will start helping with bills. 

(E) Same as me, thirty percent. We will not have a mortgage. Our cars are paid for. We do yearly insurance. We will just take the money out each year to pay the property taxes and insurance for the home. 

(L) I am glad you are smart. 

(Lu) Me too. 

(A) Can we talk about the other thing?

(L) What other thing?

(E) Have yall bought Maverick a gift? 

(Lu) I got him a one-hundred-dollar gift card to old navy. 

(L) I got him some new shoes. They were one thirty-five. 

(E) I got him a hundred dollar bill.

(A) I am giving him one hundred too. 

(E) Asher is also spending forty thousand dollars on Maverick and Liam. 

(L) What?

(Lu) What the hell are you buying? 

(A) They don't have cars. Elijah found two used cars for eighteen thousand each. We are hoping to pay the first year of insurance on them. We will leave them in Elijah's name till they turn eighteen. Their parents can't take them from them. They have a five-year warranty. They are both like Luke's car. 

(E) I am splitting the cost with Asher. 

(L) Me too. 

(Lu) Me too.