𝟐𝟒 | 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    "Hey," a voice proclaimed that made (Y/N) look up from her lunch box, the girl that had been glaring at her when she had been talking to Jay standing there.

    "Um... hey..." she greeted, puzzled by her appearance.

    "You don't know who I am, do you?" The girl continued, rolling her green eyes and flicking a lock of her dark brown hair behind her shoulder as she then crossed her arms, looking to be more impatient than anything even though she had approached (Y/N) first. "My name is Olivia Rose, and I want to talk to you." Her eyes flicked to Eun-ji whose brow was raised in suspicion before then continuing, "In private."

    (Y/N) exhaled softly.

    "Sure," she stated as she stood up, giving Eun-ji a reassuring smile when the girl merely looked at her as if she were crazy.

    Smirking in satisfaction, Olivia motioned for her to follow as she practically sashayed away, (Y/N) now being the one to roll her eyes as she reluctantly walked after her. If she were being honest, she expected for Olivia to approach her one of these days since she had glared at her so hatefully for just talking to Jay. She didn't really mind this, though, as there was nothing between the two of them in the first place. Focusing her attention back on Olivia in front of her, she wasn't too surprised when seeing that they were now at the back of the school, no one there save for them.

    "So? What did you need?" (Y/N) started.

    "I'm sure you already know," Olivia sighed as she placed her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed with unrestrained and rather obvious hostility.

    "I'm not sure I do," she hummed. "Why don't you enlighten me?"

    "Tch," Olivia clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Why else would I call someone like you out here if not for the fact that you're close to Jay? Honestly, how you act around him is so fucking irritating that it's done more than piss me off. So I ask you quite clearly since it seems you're too stupid to understand: what the hell is your relationship with Jay?"

    (Y/N) stared at her blankly.

    Is she serious?

    She's acting like this because of a guy?

    Not only that, but the fact that she's pulling such a cliché scene out of her ass is kind of hilarious that I want to laugh.

    Clearing her throat and trying to hide the laughter that threatened to escape, (Y/N) declared quite rigidly, "I'm going to be his stepsister. Did you not know that? See, it's not that I'm stupid as you said, it's that I didn't think that anyone would actually call me out for this since it's been stated so many times that I'm to be his stepsister. Or... is it that you're not close enough to Jay to learn that bit of information and it's just all in your head?"

    Olivia's brown skin flushed pink.

    But before she could even get a word in, her body trembling by that point, (Y/N)—her expression one of utter boredom—held up her hand and continued, "But listen, I've never seen Jay in a romantic light or ever thought of being in a relationship with him other than that of sister and brother. Stepsiblings, more so. If this little 'attraction' between you and Jay just isn't in your head, then go right ahead and date him if you want. You don't have to worry about me, so please don't ever speak to me again. Seriously. Never."

    Olivia could only stare at her in shock.

    Taking that as her cue to leave, (Y/N) turned around and walked back into the building, almost letting out a screech when seeing Mikael standing there with a hand covering his mouth, his shoulders shaking—an obvious attempt to hold in laughter.

    "What... what the hell are you doing here?" She groaned.

    "Eun-ji told me that something amusing was happening between you and Olivia, so naturally I had to come and see," he merely shrugged as she pushed himself off the wall to stand in front of her, his honeyed eyes highlighted with a shimmer of hilarity. "And you know, I never expected for Olivia to be such an asshole. She was always so sweet around Jay."

    "And you believed that? It was so obviously an act."

    "I didn't pay much attention to her since I wasn't interested."

    (Y/N) pursed her lips as she nodded her head, wondering why he was suddenly approaching her after avoiding her from that night in her room when he apologized.

    She shrugged.

    Whatever.

    At least he apologized.

    "Anyways, that was one of the most boring confrontations I've ever seen," Mikael chuckled as he pulled her back to the situation at hand.

    "Hah?"

    "Well, whenever Eun-ji gets called out like that, she always comes back with cuts and bruises. But then again, the other guys always look way worse," he ran his hand through his tousled blonde hair as he remembered the several instances he was speaking of.

    "So... you wanted that to happen to me?" (Y/N) frowned.

    Mikael blinked down on her.

    It was such an unexpected question that he was caught off guard, his smile instantly disappearing before he rubbed his neck and looked away, muttering out, "No... I would never want that to happen to you..."

    (Y/N) shook her head, saying, "I was just messing with you."

    Mikael's frown deepened.

    "Come on," she chuckled as she gestured her head to the lunchroom, then extending her hand out when the boy didn't so much as a budge. "You never eat lunch with me or Eun-ji, so let's go. If you ever want to fix that bad attitude of yours, it starts by hanging out with people who are nice, and I think me and Eun-ji fit that description."

    Mikael scoffed.

    But for some reason, he reached out and took her hand, her touch warm.

    His smile reappeared.

꧁꧂