Chapter One:

*Hey guys, I'm back with the first chapter of my rewrite of my version of Sing! Yay! This is published on December 18, 2023. If you guys like this first chapter, don't forget to vote and comment! That would be greatly appreciated. I wrote my own songs for this new chapter, so I'm sorry in advance if the song-writing sucks. If I practice more, I'll get better at it. For now, I hope you guys enjoy it!*

The stage was lit up by purple and blue colors.

Today was the day the world will look upon the greatest show in the history of animal kind.

"Here is where it all started," a voice boomed from the stage. The koala in a tight blue suit emerged from the curtains with a headset attached to the side of his face and a microphone in front of his lips. The curtain parted, revealing a black sheep on stage dressed in sparkly lavender dress standing on top of a cut-out of a hill. She was a statue singing to the moon.

The koala continued, "Here is where an ordinary little guy fell in love with the theater."

The curtain closed after he said that.

"Everything about it. From the sounds—"

The little saxophone played a couple of notes in the background.

"—the lighting—"

The stage lit up in all different colors.

"—to even the smell of lavender—"

The stage curtains parted and the purple dust flowed out from the darkness. The lights came on with silhouettes of a young koala peering over the edge of the balcony with the adult koala holding him.

"He was only six years old at the time and his dream to become the first marsupial in space were...replaced," the koala replied.

The light flickered to show the next slide of the silhouettes of the koala, now an adult, standing in front of the red ribbon with his father beside him and a cheering crowd in front of them.

"Some folks may have said that he grew up to become the greatest showman."

The silhouettes changed with a flicker of the light with the audience praising the koala while holding awards.

"Some folks called him a visionary."

The silhouettes changed again under the flicker of the light and revealed the audience screaming at the koala angrily, throwing tomatoes at him.

"Some called him insane."

The koala became more centered on stage, taking the attention away from the silhouettes. "But I believe wonder and magic don't come easy. And, oh, there will never be a doubt where the name Buster Moon will go down in entertainment history. I should know because I'm Buster Moon!"

The imaginary cheering from the audience was replaced by the creaking noises of the theater. The colorful lights were only imaginary lights replaced by the pale sunlight shining through the ceiling drafts.

The red curtains that were on stage never moved an inch and Buster Moon, the koala in the tight blue suit, stood in front of the empty stage and faced the empty red seats all throughout the rows and the balconies.

Buster realized that he didn't have the headset and the microphone on and he was giving an imaginary performance in front of the invisible audience members. He sighed deeply. "Great exercise for the day, Moon."

"Are you talking to your invisible audience again, Mr. Moon?" A sweet voice rang from the side.

Buster turned his head and noticed the antelope assistant secretary approaching him named Mizuki. She had a blue notepad in her hooves with the pen.