Chapter 59 - Secrets Revealed

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOYYYYYYY

RECAP:

“Boo,” he said grinned with fangs, “I found you!”

My breath was caught at my throat as he reached out a pale hand to me. For a moment the scream was silent and I struggled to let it out. But thankfully when I needed it the most that’s when it came. A blood curdling scream escaped my lips and I fell backwards into the mud. I covered my face with my mud caked hands but my scream didn’t waver one bit.

Instead of feeling rough hands pull me from the ground, I heard first the sound of sticks cracking, the moving of leaves and sooner the sounds of people shouting…and barking. But besides all the commotion from the background I didn’t disregard the pair of icy lips that made contact with my ear, “You will be mine, Macy-dear,” the voice said and as soon it had appeared, it had disappeared and left in its place a cool breeze and rain.

“Macy,” it was a new voice that called me and this time when I opened my eyes I was met with big round brown orbs, “are you ok?”

“Embry?” I mumbled and soon another pair of brown eyes looked down at me, “Jacob?” I asked but my voice came out in a soft wheez. It was then did I realise how out of breath I was. My chest heaved heavily and I swallowed some droplets that fell on my face.

“It’s us…” Jacob said and touched my cheeks, “You’re ok, you’re safe now…”

I pressed my hand to his chest, his bare chest (I’d have to question him about his choice of clothing later). “w-who was…” I began but he simply pressed his finger to my lips and shook his head.

“We wont worry about that now,” he said and slipped his arms under me soon my was raised from the ground, “We’re gunna get you out of here,” I didn’t know how he did it, but in this cold rain shower, Jacob managed stay so warm. I warped my arms around him and leaned closer, I knew I was supposed to be mad at him or something like that, but I decided I was going to be postponing those feelings and just be enjoying his warmth.

“Macy,” I heard Embry begin and something warm touch my legs, “You’re cut all over.”

I said nothing in return but simply snuggled my face into Jacob’s chest. I closed my eyes and wondered once again who that red eyed man was and how on earth he knew my name. But for some odd reason I found myself noting that the man had an uncanny resemblance to Crad. 

*

When Jacob and Embry brought me into the house it was quiet and seemed void of any people. I didn’t know whether to feel relieved because the last thing I needed right now was any pitying looks, or maybe to feel eerie or even scared the slightest because of what I just went through. I squinted my eyes in the darkness and frowned.