Seven

Even though I really didn't want to look like a fan, I decided to go to the basketball game with my friends. I deserved to have a little fun and enjoy all the last moments of senior year.

"What time are you going to be home?" my sister-mom asked me. She was sitting on the tub's edge as I did my makeup at my vanity.

That was my new nickname for Natalia because she was my sister who acted like my mom.

"Can I spend the night at BK's? We wanna go to this pilates class tomorrow morning before school" I asked my sister for permission even though I was going to do it anyway.

Natalia nodded her head. "How was Georgia?"

I visited Athens with my oldest brother to get a feel for the campus. His wife was from Atlanta and went to UGA for undergrad, so she was familiar with the area. I liked that it was basically in the middle of nowhere, it was a big football school, and the soccer program was relatively good.

I looked at my sister. "I enjoyed it. I think it may be good for me."

"I think it would be too. It would allow you to blossom into your own person. I can totally see you wearing cutesy SEC game-day outfits, maybe joining a sorority, and enjoying the routine of being a D1 athlete" my sister explained. 

To be honest, I don't think that I was ready to admit that I liked the University of Georgia as much as I did. I did enjoy it.

"Just think about it. Like seriously consider it, Tay" my sister stood up. "I'll be downstairs with Saf."

I wasn't wearing anything too special to sit in a high school gymnasium. Just a natural make-up look, my curly hair was down, and I was wearing a black sweatshirt, Lululemon leggings, and my platform Uggs.

We met up at Sydney's house before the game to drive over to Sweetgreen to get a quick bite to eat before the game and gossip a little. 

"I'm having a kickback at my house after the game" BK announced.

Sydney perked up. "I love a good Bailey house kickback. Will your parents be there?"

BK nodded. "But you know they don't give a shit."

"I need a good drink after putting up a fight with my mom about colleges." Rylee twirled her perfectly highlighted blonde hair. "She wants me to be a mini her so bad. I already won the pageants and now I'm going to Vanderbilt or Auburn."

Rylee was so modest. She won a national title, she was the teen equivalent of Miss USA. 

"Are you gonna cheer?" I questioned her. 

She nodded. "Yeah to both. Probably rush too, you know my family."

"Might need your help if I go the Georgia route" I mentioned.

Rylee squealed. "You will be the cutest SEC, student-athlete, sorority girl, T! Just think about it!"

"I'm just thinking right now" I reminded her.

"Well, you guys can always come party with me and Mari at UMiami" BK offered.

"And I'll be in D.C. at Howard" Sydney chimed in.

This was the worst part of senior year. Everyone was going to such different places. We enjoyed everyone's company before we all cramped into Mariana's car and drove to our school. 

As I watched Kyler play, I thought about the way I spoke about him to Miles. I wish Kyler was bad at basketball, it would make it so much easier to hate on him

"I'm gonna invite Kyler to the kickback" BK leaned over and said to me.

I looked at her. "You're being messy."