29

"He's stable." The doctor said and we all sighed in relief. 

"However-" He paused making us all look back at him. 

"He's had a major panic attack which made him faint. His body is still not fully composed from the shock so we've sedated him for the time being." 

"When will he wake up?" Enzo asked since the rest of us were speechless. 

"Whenever his body relaxes. That depends entirely on him."

"Can we see him?" Gio asked and the doctor nodded. 

That was all Gio needed to hear as he made his way into the room first. 

I was about to go in behind him when Enzo stopped me. "Give him a few minutes." He said and I nodded. 

I felt arms wrap around me from behind and knew it was Marco. He really is a cuddly person, especially when he's going through a bunch of emotions. 

A while had passed so I decided to enter the room. 

I opened the door and saw Toni laying there, asleep, with Gio sitting beside him. 

I saw him wipe a tear before getting up and turning to face me. 

I walked towards them, sitting down where Gio was before as I placed my hand on Toni's. 

It hurt seeing him like this, so broken. 

"He'll be fine May, don't worry." Gio said and I nodded as tears fell from my eyes. 

We sat in silence for a while before Gio spoke again. "Please don't be upset with me May. I didn't mean to leave you all like that. I know I should have stayed and been the bigger brother but I just couldn't this time."

"It's not your fault. Your whole life you've had to put yourself last and be selfless. You've never had anyone to speak to about your emotions, yet your here for everyone else. I really shouldn't have been upset with you because you deserve the chance to be selfish. So, I'm sorry Gio. I just-"

I was cut off by him. "Don't apologise." He said as he got down on his knee, holding my hand in his. 

"You have no idea how lucky I am to have you. I feel like deep down I was able to be selfish this time because I knew you were here to take care of everyone else. I know it's fucked up and I shouldn't have left the burden on you, but I guess I took the chance? I don't even know what I was feeling or what made me do it."

"You really aren't used to speaking about your emotions." I noted. 

He's struggling to describe what made him do what he did, because he's never had anyone to speak to about his emotions. 

"Nope, this is the first time."

"Well you're doing great Gio." I said patting his cheek making him smile. 

It must be hard for him so I wanted to lighten up the atmosphere. 

"I'll tell you why you did it." I had a mischievous smile on my face making him wait for what I had to say.

"Because I'm not useless like the other guys." He laughed at what I said but still nodding in agreement. 

"100% the reason." 

The other guys entered with confused expressions. "Why you both laughing?" Romeo asked and we shook our head. 

Enzo had a proud smile on his face probably because we made up. 

_______________

Time skip - 1 Week

Everything has slowly gotten back together over the past week.