Planned and Problematic

Draco stood impatiently, staring about himself and jumping at any minor sound. Where on earth was Potter? They only had an hour or two until the rioting began, and if they planned to make any sort of difference to the events which unfolded they'd need to figure things out immediately.

Minutes ticked by and a horrible thought occurred to Draco, it was possible Potter wasn't coming.

No, Draco quickly thought, he may be a reckless imbecile on occasion but he was, more than anything, unfailingly good. He was caring to a fault- it was part of the reason Draco had loathed him so strongly their first years at Hogwarts, how he had been kind to everyone but him, it felt like a punishment- yet still, it meant he would in no way give up a chance to save people. He was coming.

As Draco mulled over possibilities for Potter's delay, there was a sounding crash from the trees nearby.

Draco startled at the sound, whipping his wand out and bracing for attack. Unfortunately, the dark and trees obscured everything but the faint outline of the hilltop he stood beneath, he couldn't see what was happening.

There was a pause, some rustling, before a string of loud crunching ensued from the hill before him. From where he stood, it sounded as if something was doing it's absolute best to tear up everything in it's path. And it was growing closer.

A dark mound was just visible in the undergrowth, and Draco was growing steadily more nervous as it approached. Perhaps one of the Death Eaters had unleashed some deadly creature he knew not of the first time around, perhaps it was something even worse.

He was preparing to simply send a stunning curse at the creature, when the crunching paused at the foot of the hill, and the mound began to rise, forming the outline of a figure. Draco's heart dropped to his stomach, the 'Stupefy!' forming on his lips when none other than Harry Potter stepped into the moonlit clearing.

Draco was so taken aback he forgot to react for about thirty seconds.

Harry began brushing off all of the crumpled bits of leaf and debris from his muggle clothes, righting his glasses and attempting to smooth down his, now leafy, tangle of hair.

He looked up at Draco, smiling sheepishly when their eyes met, "Hi."

Draco blinked.

Harry took a step forwards. "So I was th-"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Harry stopped.

"What?"

Draco diverted his gaze.

"I'm genuinely astounded. What the fuck were you even doing? Did you fall down the hill?? How do you even manage that? It's not even a big hill!"

"It wasn't on purpose! I walked into a tree by accident and lost my glasses, then when I was looking for them I tripped and fell down the hill! It's an easy mistake!" Harry retorted defensively.

He looked so ridiculous with his mussed, leaf-strewn hair and self-righteous frown that Draco couldn't even find it in himself to be angry. He simply burst into laughter.

Harry rolled his eyes. "You'd have done the same thing if you were me, it's like a pissing jungle up there."

"Well, technically I wouldn't," Draco smirked, righting himself, "considering I don't need glasses, and so wouldn't be looking for them in the first place."

"Oh yes, ha ha very clever. Enough small talk, what are we going to do about the impending Death Eater 'situation'? I'm hoping you have a plan, considering you were likely in the midst of it all the first time around." Harry moved to stand closer to him, crossing his arms and staring around them, as if looking enough would provoke the answer into jumping out at them.