Chapter Seven

I was married to a billionaire, I was really Mrs. Kalomo, it felt so surreal even as I woke up that Sunday morning after our wedding. It was my alarm which had startled me awake and I figured perhaps I had to do a task or two, go through my laptop and see any pending work I may have to submit on Monday. But when I opened my eyes and looked around, I realized that I wasn't in my bedroom. A smile slowly crept up on my lips, I was married to a rich man, I didn't have to work anymore because I was now on a weekly allowance, and I had a house full of servants.

I checked my phone and found messages from my sisters asking how our "first night" was, I had told them that I hadn't slept with Duke during the course of our 'relationship.'

"I am making him wait to see if he is serious about us' I had lied to get out of talking about our sex life.

They had packed a LOT of lingerie in my suitcase and now were asking which one I wore and whether it had driven Duke crazy. It was so weird how I had suddenly been accepted in the inner circle of the sisterhood; they had even added me to the WhatsApp group they had had for years without telling me. I guess now that I was married and no longer an obstacle to their own marriages and happiness, they didn't resent me anymore and had started treating me like one of their own.

I was almost responding to the messages when I realized that it was only 6AM and a newlywed would not be up and on the phone at 6AM the morning after her wedding, she would be cuddled up in the arms of her husband and yet there I was, in the big, lonely bed. I let out a sigh and tossed the phone on the bed then walked into the bathroom.

I took a shower then came out and changed into a loose fitting short floral dress, if I bend down my ass would be out, Duke had all these rules and boundaries in his contract, but I did not intend on staying celibate for five years and sure, I may not have been his type, but a woman is a woman, and I knew I could make him crack.

Having made the bed, I grabbed my phone and walked over to the door between our rooms but found it locked. Ohhhh, a smile crept up on my lips, so he had locked it to avoid any temptations, question was, was he trying to me out or keep himself in?

I knocked softly and either he was a very light sleeper, or he had already been away because I just knocked twice, and he was already unlocking it. He was just wearing his silk pajama bottoms with no shirt, showing his perfectly toned and sculpted chest.

"Good morning hubby," I grinned at him, I won't lie, I still wasn't used to seeing his face with the scars, but I tried not to focus on it because I knew it would make him feel insecure, I was just glad that he had finally let me see him like that. And now he was free to walk around with no mask and glasses in my presence. "Sleep well?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked as he walked back to his bed and threw himself on it.

"It's a habit I guess..." I answered, "what's for the day?"

"Nothing, do whatever you want... Lindsey has swimming lessons and I have some paperwork to go through."

"Just like that?" nope, this wasn't going to fly "we can't even pretend to be a real couple for at least a week?" I questioned "I understand that we can't go on a honeymoon because you don't want to leave Lindsey..."
"...and we're not a real couple" he chimed in, but I ignored it.

"... but I was hoping we could at least have a nice dinner, go out to a nice resort or something," I pouted.

"Audrey, we have a contract in place, we're only married on paper," he reminded me as he sat upright "if you want to go out that's fine," he reached for his wallet and brought out a platinum card. "Grab a car from the garage and take yourself out," he said.

This was disappointing, but I wasn't going to refuse. I grabbed the card, and he gave me the pin. I went back to my room and changed into black high waist jeans, a red off shoulder, long sleeved crop top and black heels. I only did my eyebrows and put on some lip gloss without putting any makeup on my face then grabbed my handbag and strutted through his room again, but he was in the bathroom, so I grabbed the car keys to a BMW and walked out.

As I walked downstairs, I found Lindsey already awake.

"Good morning," I greeted her with a smile.

"Morning. where are you going?" she asked.

"To find a crazy expensive restaurant where I can have breakfast and then go shopping because your brother just wants to lay in bed all day."
"Can I come?" she asked with hopeful puppy dog eyes.

Twenty minutes later we were seated enjoying our breakfast.

"Thank you for bringing me with you, Duke doesn't really like to come out anymore," said Lindsey as she stuffed pancakes in her mouth.

"you're welcome, maybe together we can push him to start coming out," I smiled at her.

Did she even understand what her brother was going through? She was so lucky to have come out unscathed in that accident.

"Maybe this year we can go everywhere, the color festival, the fireworks display, horse-riding...." She started listing all the things she used to do before she lost her parents. I really couldn't imagine what she was going through, losing both parents at such a young age and in such a manner was not something she could easily heal from.

"Tell you what, even if your brother doesn't want to go, we will go together and do all those things," I promised her, and her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

She was twelve years old, it's not like I had to change her diapers or feed her, she was capable of taking care of herself, I just had to accompany her as an adult and make sure she was safe. Now that I wouldn't be working, I would have more than enough time.

After breakfast we went shopping, I would have loved to stay out longer but she had swimming lessons at 14:00hrs and I didn't want Duke to be mad at me, so I took her back home.

The swimming coach arrived shortly after, and they went out to the pool at the back of the mansion.

.

While Lindsey was having her lesson, I went up to the bedroom and found Duke seated on the couch playing a video game.

"Hey." I dropped the shopping bags next to him and he paused the game "check out what I bought."

I locked the door and started stripping out of my clothes.

"What are you doing?" he questioned, his eyes wide.

"I want to try on the clothes I bought so that you can see how they look," I explained and kicked my jeans off, Duke swallowed hard "Whatever is not suitable for Mrs. Kalomo will be returned," I teased and took off my top as well.

"You're doing this on purpose," he accused as I bent over to pick out a skirt from the first shopping bag.

"Doing what?" I feigned innocence.

"Getting naked and bending over, showing your ass anyhow."

"Am I not allowed to get naked in front of my husband?" I questioned with a grin, and he groaned "and you have nothing to worry about, you said it yourself that am not your type." I reminded him as I tried on the skirt then picked out a top "this one work better without a bra," I said and pulled off my bra.

"Oh jeez," he turned away "I know what you're doing, and it won't work."

"What am I doing?"

"You know that after five years this will be over so you're trying to make sure it isn't, you get naked in front of me, I fall for it, and we have sex... next thing I know you're pregnant and we're stuck together for life because of our child. It's not going to happen Audrey; you're not trapping me with a baby" he accused as he got up and walked out of the room.

That was such a low blow and it hurt, I was already making money just by marrying him, why would I need to trap him with a baby? His words really spoiled my day.