Flowers on the grave

A/N: I just got done watching the episode where Olivia has flashbacks of her mom while working on a case and this story idea hit me.

Olivia was thinking about her mom today. It was Mother's Day and she was missing her mom. She passed away long before she could see her become a mother, long before she could meet Noah.

Noah was working on a Mother's Day card for his mom and he walked into the kitchen to ask for something and saw his mom staring off into space, looking sad. "Mom are you okay?" Noah asked.

Olivia didn't quiet hear him until he tugged gently at the bottom hem of her shirt. "Oh sorry Noah. I'm just thinking about some stuff. How's your card coming along?"

She knew Noah was making her a special card and she couldn't wait to see it. "It's going well mom. Hey can we bring flowers to Grandma?"

Noah's question surprised Olivia. She looked down at him and replied, "Oh Noah sweetie of course we can." 

Noah ran to grab his coat and shoes and put them on and waited for his mom to be ready to go. 

They drove to a flower market and got a really nice bouquet of flowers and then drove to the cemetary. 

When they got there Olivia parked and they walked hand in hand to her mother's grave. Noah placed the flowers on the grave and said "Happy Mother's Day Grandma." 

Olivia started crying suddenly and it was uncontrollable sobs. Noah grabbed her hand and said "You miss Grandma a lot don't you mom. I'm sorry she's not here"

Olivia smiled through her tears and said "She would have loved you. She wasn't perfect but she loved me the best she could."

Noah hugged Olivia and said "I love you mom. You're the best mom ever."

"Thanks Noah. I love you too." She said.

Olivia then talked to her mom, "Hey mom it's me. I have a son now, Noah. He brings a lot of joy to my life and reminds me that if you hadn't had me that I wouldn't have him. I miss you mom. I love you so much."

"Thanks grandma for bringing mom into the world so she could be my mom. I love you too grandma." Noah said and he smiled up at Olivia.

Olivia smiled down at Noah and realized she was raising a really caring and loving son. 'How did he know I was thinking about my mom so much today' She wondered internally.

Olivia would always miss her mom but she would always be grateful to her mom for bringing her into the world, so that today she could experience the joy of having a child of her own and being a mother.