Chapter 31

Merry Christmas my fans, even if it's past dec 25, at least it's Christmas week🥳🥳🥳✨✨
_______________________________

••••••••••••••••••••••
Thirdperson POV
••••••••••••••••••••••

Marilyn stumbled out of the ward disoriented. He could not have figured it out, could he? She thought.

*Ring*

Her phone rang and she picked it up with a sigh. "Hello?" she said in annoyance.

"Hello, Ms Anderson," came a voice on the other end. "I'm calling to let you know that I can't continue to work for you anymore. I resign."

Marilyn's eyes widened in shock. "What?! Why?" she demanded. "You can't quit! You know what happens when you quit."

"I'm sorry, Ms Anderson," the caller said, sounding determined. "But I can't in good conscience continue to work for you. I didn't sign up for this Ms Anderson."

"I'm sorry you feel that way," she said through gritted teeth. "But you're making a huge mistake and you know it. She is ruthless and manipulative, and that is why we need to end her, for the betterment of the company."

"You're wrong, Ms Banks has a heart of gold," the caller continued. "She cares about people, and she's a hard worker. She's a better person than you could ever be. You're ruthless, you are only doing this so that you can get back to Matteo and his money. I did a little research on you, you are not what you say you are, you are just a cheating gold digging whore!"

"How dare you!" Marilyn shouted, her anger boiling over. "You traitor! You'll regret this, I swear to God!"

"I know I will be fine" the voice said calmly. "And I know Miss Banks will be fine too, she has people who love and support her," the caller continued. "unlike you. You're all alone, and you have no one to blame but yourself. Your own actions have driven everyone away from you. And now, I'm leaving too."

Marilyn was shaking with rage, but she knew the caller was right but she refused to acknowledge it. "Fine," she said, her voice cold and flat. "I don't care, but if you so much as breathe a word about this to anyone.... I'll make sure you never get to see you own family again and when I mean never, I mean six.feet.under."

And she hung up.

•••••••

Matteo sat still, stroking her hand as he hummed in a sweet tone, it was so romantic from a bypasser's view. He was still in the moment when his phone rang bringing him out of his reverie.

"Speak!" He commanded coldly and the person at the other end clicked her tongue in disapproval.

"Is that a new of talking to your mom huh?" Monica, his mother yelled and he sighed softly.

"Sorry mom, I didn't know you were the one," he stood up and went to the window which was overlooking the hospital garden.

"I didn't call to scold you or anything, I heard what happened to Marissa, and you have been keeping her company for two days. Don't you think it's time for you to come home?"

Matteo placed his fingers on his nose bridge and gently massaged it, "I will come home mom, I will but not now."

"I don't want to hear of it Raphael, send your bodyguard to protect her, I just want you home," Monica sighed exasperatedly.

"Okay Mom, I will come home today, I promise," he said and hung up. Few minutes later, Duke came into the ward and nodded at him.

"You can go sir, I'll protect her well," Duke said.

"Don't let Marilyn or anybody in without my permission," Matteo warned coldly, Duke nodded. With that he walked out of the ward.

Matteo arrived at his parents mansion, sighing tiredly he walked into the mansion.

"Good to have you back sir," Charles, his parent's butler said.

"I'll go inform your mother of your arrival," he said and left. Matteo made himself comfortable on the lush couch in the living room.

"Oh Rafael you are back," Monica rushed down the stairs in haste to hug him which frightened not only him but his father.

"Geez mom you could have fallen, be careful," Matteo scolded his mom who playfully slapped his chest chuckling.

"And you could have given me a heart attack," his dad, Vren dramatically held his chest.

"Don't worry, I have a really strong stamina."

"Sure you do," Vren winked at her making her blush, Matteo groaned in frustration.

"Oh please that's disgusting," he scrunched up his nose and turned away.

"Why did you call me home?" The atmosphere turned serious at his question. His parents looked at their self for a while, they seem to be communicating through their eyes.

How do they do that? He thought.

"I heard what happened Rafael, It's so tragic, what's happened to her," his mother said, her eyes growing teary, "I can't believe she's in a coma. I wish there was something we could do to help her."

He took a deep breath. "I know," he said. "But right now, all we can do is hope and pray that she recovers." Monica sighed.
"I just wish there was more we could do," she said. "It's so hard to just sit here and wait."

Matteo was silent for a moment. "I know," he said. "But I believe in the power of hope," he continued. "And I have faith that she will get better. She's a strong and resilient woman, and I know she'll pull through this. We just have to be there for her when she wakes up."

"You're so optimistic," the mother said, her voice full of admiration. "I wish I could be as hopeful as you are."

Matteo smiled. "You can be," he said. "All you have to do is believe. Believe in the power of hope, and believe in the power of love. Love for your daughter."

"You know, son," Monica said, a mischievous smile appeared on her lips, "I can't help but notice how much you care about her, It's almost like you're more than just friends."

Matteo chocked on his saliva, he felt his cheeks grow warm. "Mom, that's not true," he said, his voice rising slightly in defensiveness. "We're just friends. I care about her because she's a good person and a good friend."

Monica laughed softly. "Of course, of course," she said, her tone teasing. "I'm just teasing you, son. I know, imagine how wonderful it would be if she were part of our family," she said. "She's such a lovely girl, and I know she'd make a wonderful daughter-in-law. She already feels like part of the family to me."

He felt his heart flutter. "Mom, please," he said, trying to sound stern, but his voice betrayed his amusement. "You're getting ahead of yourself. We're not even dating."

Vren laughed. "You can't keep deceiving yourself son, you just can't."

And they both stood up, leaving him behind.

_______________________________

Matteo is having a hard time showing his feelings out, he is like a secret admirer. Aww🥰🥰🥰

Some of might have guessed who the mystery caller is but I'll still leave it as a mystery.

PS: if you know, keep it to yourself.