Chapter 8: The Wedding

POV: Kiara 

I'm in my red wedding lehenga.

Looking at myself. "Kismat muje kaha le aayi, (where did fate take me?)," I whispered to myself.

"OMG, you're getting married! And not just to anyone, but to Arman Mehra! Ahhh he's so dreamy. I wish I could just..." Amisha came in and started simping over Arman. Eww.

Amisha has been my best friend since I was five, we pretty much grew up together and I am so grateful for that.

"Okay and? My life's gonna be terrible. It's trash!" I said in defeat.

"Have some hope Kiki. This is your day, be happy."

" I'm sacrificing my whole life!"

"Come on he might not be that bad, don't judge a book by its cover remember and beside-" Amisha was cut off when Mum entered the room.

"Hayee, you look so good beta," she complimented me.

"Thank you ma," I responded.

"Come on beta, it's time to go. Dad and bhaiya are waiting for you."

I nodded and started heading towards the door when I saw Dad and Bhaiya standing in the hallway.

"Holy shit Kiara! I can't believe I'm saying this but you look beautiful today," Bhaiya complimented in a shitty way, and I punched him. What? It's justifiable.

But my dad didnt say anything, instead, he teared up and cried. I've never seen my dad cry before. He always told me to smile and never to cry but him... why is he crying?

"Dad," I said. But before I could say anything someone shouted, "Bharats here! Time for you to go Kiara!"

"What!!! OMG, I still have to do the aarti!" and just like that, she left.

"Come on beta, I'll walk you down," and just like that Dad hooked his arm into mine and we started walking towards the mandap.

That's when I saw him. MR ARMAN MEHRA! He gave me a deadly stare like he hates me or he's gonna kill me but there was also a hint of love.

I tightened my grip around my dad's arm.

We reached the mandap and my dad let go of me and I stared at him. Why would he do this?

The priest called me and I had to do all the rituals, but the worst part came when he put sindoor (vermilion) in my mang (hair partition). I closed my eyes and let a tear drop, and I did the same when he was placing the mangalsutra on my neck.

Throughout the whole wedding, I wondered why he agreed to do all this. Why did he marry me?

Arman:

Everyone was dancing in front of me while I was sitting on a horse, going towards the wedding venue.

I hate every bit of this but I'm forced, I can't do anything about this. It's my fate, it's my destiny, a pretty shitty one.

"Let's go Zayn." Dad helped me get off the horse even though I didn't need help.

There I saw Kiara's mum holding a plate with all these things like diya and shit. She came in front of me and applied something red on my forehead and stuck some rice on it as well. WTF then threw some flower petals on me. Then started moving the plate in a clockwise direction. WTF is going on, and then she grabbed my nose. Fuck, WTF (This is what happens in Indian culture to welcome the groom). Everyone was laughing. It was embarrassing.

I headed towards the mandap where I had to wait for the bride... Kiara. Then suddenly everyone looked on their left and had their mouths open.

"Wow Bhai, you captured a beauty," commented my little brother, Aayan.

I looked where everyone was looking.

Wow indeed. She looked like an angel. So innocent, so pretty, so gorgeous. Everything that a man wants. From the corner of my eyes, I could see many men drolling over her, WTF "Arnt you doing the same thing?" my subconscious suggested, well she's going to be mine I defended myself.

She looked so good in her red lehenga. Her hazel eyes sparkled and her skin looked so soft and... WTF is wrong with me? Why am I thinking all of this? Get back to reality, Arman.

She walked up to the mandap with her dad, I could see she was nervous but she looked cute. She sat down beside me and avoided eye contact with me. She just looked down, lost in her own deep thoughts.

Until it was time for me to put on sindoor and mangalsutra.

As I put both on her, her eyes let out some tears falling right down her soft cheeks. I didn't like that, I wanted to comfort her but how? WTF is wrong with me?