08

Chapter 8

Hatred-Deficit

"Thank you..." I look at her in confusion. Why is she like this?

Zayn stood up next to me. "Yeah, thanks, Callie. Celeste, I'll take you home." I look at him for a moment before answering him.

"Oh.. Y-Yeah, of course. Why not? We can share this umbrella.." I said quietly and he just nodded. Since it's already night time, shouldn't Camille be also going home by now? "Camille, how about you join us?"

"Oh? Su-"

"Don't worry about her," Before she could even continue, Zayn interrupted her. "She has a motorbike parked right outside. I guess they allow motorbikes to park right by the restaurant."

"Oh, okay.." I nodded to his answer.

"Plus, I want you by myself right now... When you get home." Zayn whispered to me as I saw Camille furrowed her eyebrows at the situation and left quietly in my peripheral vision.

Right now, I don't even know why she's doing this to me. She's giving me mixed signals. I hate her because of the way she talks behind my back. And now she's making me stop despising her by doing these things to me. Should I even give her a second chance at being friends with me? Or am I just being gullible?

I left the restaurant with Zayn and we walked together.

We had a lot of things we talked about during that walk, until we got inside of his car and drove me home.

"It was nice having you." He smiled and waved goodbye to me in the car. I got out of it and waved goodbye to him as well.

"It was nice having you too." I smile, then shut his car door close. I went to a distance and waved goodbye to him one last time. And before I could even get inside of my house, he had already left.

I went inside the house and gladly Chase isn't home yet; I assume since I don't see him here.

A sudden thud from upstairs frightened me. "Chase?!" I shouted and went upstairs to see what happened.

There was a... man outside Chase's personal office room.

"Who.. are you?!" I screamed as I got frightened by him, what if he's a thief?! A robber??!

"I apologise, I must have shut the door too loud. Hello, I am Mr. Gutierrez's personal assistant at work. You must be his little sister. Nice to meet you." He sounded like a robot.

"Nice to meet you, as well... Where's my brother?" I asked.

"He's out at work, he assigned me to get some papers at this exact place." He responded formally. Though he wasn't in formal attire, he was wearing an ugly sweater with grey sweatpants.

"Is it your day-off? Why are you still working for him during your day-off?" I got suspicious of him. If he really is an assistant he wouldn't show up in such an indoor outfit.

"I took a day-off, yes. But, I have a debt for Mr. Gutierrez, which explains my presence here. I really need to repay him for something.." He quietly explained.

"Oh, alright..." I awkwardly said and went in my bedroom and locked the door, in case my intuition of him being a bad man was right.

I really got confused by Camille and I didn't know what I should do. If I could just go and meet up with her the next day or something... I need some help.. And I think I know the right and exact person to ask for!

I texted Mika on the phone.