Chapter 18 'The Invisible Parade' (Part 1 Finale)

[Alright! So this was originally supposed to be the Christmas Special! But I couldn't get it quite off the ground despite having an EXTREMELY ADORABLE SCENE already written! Another factor is, I didn't necessarily want to take anything away from the main story as the Christmas Chapter wouldn't have been Canon anyway. But I can confirm, Makima's present for you all...Was Call of Duty (2003). All such to say...That is the reason this chapter took a little longer. BUT IT'S HERE NOW! And with it...THE END OF PART ONE OF THIS STORY!!! THIS IS IT FOLKS! This is where the edge of the knife tips! Hope you loved sweet and innocent Makima while you had it...Because something new is stepping into this new world! Now, sure, she'll still be sweet and innocent to the reader. But for everyone else...They better watch out~]

[FYI: PART 2 WILL STILL BE IN THIS BOOK. IT WILL BE CHAPTER 19! JUST DECIDED TO CALL THEM SEPARATE[ PARTS AS THEY KINDA FEEL LIKE SEPARATE STORIES!! SO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THIS BOOK THINKING THIS ONE IS OVER! IT'S NOT!!!]

__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

We all tell stories. Whether they be in the form of words, letters, or anything in between. If you think about it, stories are the main focus of our lives. Everything we do. Every single day. A chapter in our life is being told. And for me, as of late, my story as reached that epic middle ground. It's a point where everything is going right for the hero. The villain's forces and conquests have been defeated, the hero and his love interest have gotten closer, and life in general feels great. And how could it not? I have such an amazing life right now! I'm achieving everything I wanted in Public safety! I even saw a devil recently! But the thing that caps it all off is the fact that in my life, I have someone as amazing as Makima to call my own.

I mean, when I first met her, things seemed to start off slow. She was definitely, odd, to say the least. She didn't always seem 'there'. She'd hold awkward silence whilst looking at you. She wouldn't exactly go to start a conversation, and when she did, it was definitely something to...Think about. But then it all changed when I accidentally called her pretty. I don't know what about it, but that simple mistake in letting my inner thoughts come out was all it took for Makima and I to get closer. From that point on she was all smiles and talking. Well, in a way. There was more of those. However, she seemed to only showcase those things around me. And at a very low momentum.

It wasn't until I got closer to her that I came to understand just why Makima acted in such a way. I still remember the moment she broke down in front of me. Showcasing the feelings she had after all the history she had suffered through. If it weren't the tragic backstory about how she felt so alone and out of it. Or the fact she felt she needed someone to guide her in life to function in a normal way. It was the way such a sweet, innocent person had to go through such a tragic situation that broke me down the most. Makima was a person unlike any I had met before. But after hearing such a sad history, I felt it necessary to help her in any way I could. And who knew that'd come in the form of us eventually getting together as something more than friends?

When it actually got down to dating Makima, it felt like a dream. A girl who, upon first meeting, seemed so antisocial and out of it all, immediately turned into an adorable, loveable, ball of joy who loved cuddles, watching TV together, and spending time doing things any couple would. I was surprised at first, but I quickly came around to the idea that this version of Makima, the real one, was something I had waited my whole life for. And with the months that had passed by recently, I still find it hard to believe that we've only had our first proper PROPER date tonight! But even with the wait, due to work of course, we still had a blast! A night filled with delicious food, despite me having to punch a guy.