Chapter 61

I apologise in advance for all the deaths 😞😭

------------------------

Three days had passed and all I could see was deaths.

So so many deaths.

We were currently on the place, going back home when another nightmare haunted me and I couldn't take it anymore.

I got out of my seat slowly, careful not to wake Dean and Ming, who were sleeping soundly next to me, insisting that they be on my side to keep me sane.

"Hey." My oldest brother, the only other person awake on this 2am flight, gave me a soft smile before scooting over his 2 seat couch, giving me some room.

Two days ago, we lost Dory. When we got him to the hospital, the doctors- including Silas- had warned that the surgery they had to perform had a 80-20 chance of his survival. Dor's surgery was a success, he was stabilised for exactly 38 hours.

Then he wasn't.

All it took was him giving up. He was in a lot of pain, even after the surgery. It was killing him from the inside. I knew it, he knew it too.

And when he couldn't take it anymore, we had to say goodbye.

I sniffled and felt my big brother pulling me into his arms. Stefano didn't say anything, didn't tell me that everything's going to be okay. He didn't try to make it better, yet his hugs made it better.

My brother kissed the top of my head and held me in his arms until I fell asleep again.

When I woke up, we were in the car.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." Dean pinched my face as I pulled my face from his lap and into a sitting position. "You were drooling."

I frowned and wiped the corner of my mouth. "No I'm not."

"Yes you were." he said seriously.

"Did not."

"Oh you so were."

"Your pants are dry, Dean." Ming deadpanned.

Dean pouted. "Why are you always on her side? That is so unfair."

"She's my wife." Ming grinned, hooking an arm around my shoulder.

"She's my bestie!" Dean scowled.

Leave it up to them to make things better.

"It's a package, Deanie boo. Wifey and bestie, all in one." I said nonchalantly.

"Where's my Lennie-pie?" Dean cried.

Milan chuckled from the back-back seat. "Rowan, you're seriously dating this child?"

Rowan raised his eyebrow from the passenger seat. "Leave this passenger princess out of ... everything. I need some peace, man."

"Peace is love. Love is peace." Dean said dreamily. "I love peace. I peace love!"

"Ming, did you hit his head a little too hard when he still has a soft skull?" I scolded Ming disapprovingly.

"What?" Ming said in a high pitched voice. "Obviously not. Look at Ki, he's still sane. Must be Len who whacked him with the pan three years ago."

A laugh escaped from my lips. "Len hit who with a what?"

"I was trying to cook eggs." Dean scowled. "And that bitch walked into my kitchen and took a random pan and he whacked me with it."

"Why?" I asked.

"How the hell should I know?!"

"You never question it?" Solace frowned, looking at us weirdly from the rearview mirror.