Chapter 2: Secrets.

The door went open and Ginger stepped foot inside almost instantly smelling the aroma of dinner. Junior's warm smile welcomed her. He stood in the kitchen with his phone resting at his ear displaying a handsome face and bright smile, as always.

He tilted the phone screen away from him. "There's carrots and ranch to snack on if you're hungry, I'm near finished with dinner." Junior quietly spoke opening the freezer.

Ginger went up to him throwing her hands around him. "Hi."

"Hi, love." He said. She stood on her tippy toes giving the cheesy man who had been awaiting for her a kiss, after a long day of work. He ruffled her hair up resting the phone back at his ear. Releasing her hold she removed her puffer coat and sat down at the island snacking on the carrots he recently washed up.

"Yes sir. We'll do, thank you." He said a minute later. The call ended and Junior rested the phone on the counter focused mildly on the steaming pot sitting on the stove. After a couple of seconds he hit the spoon on the edge of the pot a couple of times trying to get the remaining food and sauce off. He turned his head proceeding to speak, but seeing Ginger occupied with her own, he hesitated.

"Well good evening, milady."

"Evening." She smiled.

"Whatcha' doin'?."

"Just checking emails." She answered scrolling through her phone. She laid her phone down on the counter stretching her arms up high.

Arising, she went to the pantry grabbing a plastic cup, filing it with sweet tea vodka from the fridge.

"Vodka? Where we going?" Junior asked jokingly, watching her pour the drink.

"Uh, nowhere. Do you want some?" She asked.

"No thank you." He said. "You sure we aren't going on a date? You ain't tryna set the mood in here...sheesh."

"Oh my god no! I'm just getting a bit to set my mood." She laughed. "That's all."

"Yea right 'a bit', okay okay that's enough." He said watching the drink almost slip past the halfway line. He took the bottle and sat it back down on the island, "Are you sure?"

"Yea babe. it's fine."

Junior hummed looking at the plastic cup as Ginger took it, bringing it around the island. He placed the tea back in the fridge, questioning in his mind why she chose vodka in the early evening, but considering everything he let her be assuming she had a long work day and needed something to get her awake all though alcohol could implement the complete opposite. She sipped on the alcoholic beverage sitting back down with her phone.

"By the way, today I went to the super-center and got tacos for taco Tuesday and because it's Monday I'm making pasta. Your favorite." He announced.

Ginger scrolled through her phone nodding her head at each word that came from his mouth. She slowly looked up giving a delayed smile. "That is, Thank you."

"Of course." He nodded watching her gaze shift back to her phone. Her head remained low having the brightness of her cellphone all the way up, nearly blinding her.

"You okay? Everything go good today?" He eventually asked turning his attention on her.

"Mhm, why?" She asked dipping a carrot in ranch still focusing her attention on the phone.

He shook his head, "No reason. You just seem a little quiet." He said. "Anything to talk about? Work...?"

"Not much." She answered munching on the carrot. Junior nodded his head. It became obvious she didn't want to speak much and only god knows why. Ginger wasn't that much of an introvert.