-12-

12.

Rubbing my forehead temples, striving to relax myself. Sitting on the couch, embedding my back on the it's soft core. I closed my eyes. But these thoughts weren't leaving me alone. And that's when the door of the room opened. Revealing the only expected person.

"Kathy" "Where are you here?" "Dinner was served in the dining area." "Megan, my head hurts." I lied intentionally.

"Ohh is it because of Ryan?" She said as my eyes widened.

I pressed both my lips together just to say a "No" again I lied. "Today's journey was sort of hectic." "I feel like skipping dinner. You can go ahead."

To my expectations she took her bag and stuff and was about to leave. When she desisted in her place and looked at me. "How can I leave you here?" "Let's go downstairs."

"I heard they have your favourite Mexican food." "Your mood will light up and your headache will be eased."

Before I could explain to her, she held my hand and gently dragged me out of the room.

After a few minutes, we were walking ahead to the dining area. I was being dragged. Stepping inside the hall. Few eyes glanced at us. Evan wayed his hand at me. I smiled at him. Stepping towards him I realised he was present there too. Ryan who was Sitting next to Evan.

His dark brown eyes meet mine. And suddenly I could feel my head which hurting earlier was eased now. He was the reason for it now his presence eased it.

Before I thought of walking towards them, a voice desisted in my way. I turned around and observed abriel pointing at two empty seats near him. Megan and I made our ways towards him. While sitting next to abriel, he placed the plate in front of me, a warm smile on his face.

"I saved the seats for you." He uttered as I slowly mumbled

"Thank you Abriel."

I glanced at Ryan. Who was using his phone. How can someone be so busy 24/7? Instantly I looked the other way. Why do I even care? He came here for the project and it's all a coincidence to meet him. Nothing else?

"Kathy?" Coming back to my senses I looked at abriel.

"You seemed preoccupied?" "All good?"
"Hmm" I nodded my head, when he passed me a plate of tacos.

"I know you like them." I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. "You do know a lot about me." I said and took a bite of the taco when he replied. "Obviously, I have to."

...

"Thanks for the dinner, it was really amazing." "I really ate to my fullest." I said when the elderly woman nodded her head. I was expecting her to say something in return. But she just stared at me.

we were about to leave, she interrupted.

"After my husband's death, no one has appreciated me or even enjoyed my food like how you did."

Hearing her, my lips spread across. As I walked ahead and hugged her. She tightened me around her arms. After so long someone has hugged me like this. I really didn't feel Strange or gauge. This is how unknown bonds are made. Breaking the hug, observing the smile on her face which never left.

"Is that your boyfriend?" She said while pointing towards Abriel.

Who was folding his arms across his chest and silently observing everything. "No, he is my friend and a really good orthopaedic" Saying that abriel walked towards me while standing beside me. "Thank you for the dinner."