Chapter 51

'Didn't I tell you...there is no escape from me?'

The wind was cold and harsh yet it felt nothing against her figure, it was like the wind had slowed down and the temperature had dropped to its lowest degree but she just couldn't stop trembling despite being wrapped in layers of clothes. Was it the weather that had her trembling or the man in front of her who sat on his horse with the arrogance of a proud monster?

He wasn't peering at her, his demons were.

The demons he finally unleashed over her.

The fight slowly broke around her. The vampires were effortlessly taking down the guards as if they were just playing with their food.

Jasper, who stumbled out of the carriage with his blade in his left hand, watched the commotion in utmost confusion and shock upon seeing his guards being killed by the troop. He tried to fight but unfortunately came across Mason.

Sasha snapped out of the trance and stared at Jasper and Mason in shock as they both strode up to each other. They looked ready to fight but Jasper couldn't win from him even in his healthy condition.

Jasper despite being injured had zero hesitation in him. He sure was an asshole but he was a king before that.

"No," Sasha yelled, afraid Mason would kill Jasper as she tried to walk up to them but the commotion around her was promising her death if she walked further in.

Her heart almost came to her throat when Mason raised his hand and Jasper raised his sword but his sword never touched Mason. He effortlessly grabbed Jasper from the back of his neck and knocked the man on the ground face-first.

A gasp left Sasha's lips and her sight became blurry due to the tears. The disaster around her made her remember the destruction Ragnar caused in her kingdom.

She was used to these surroundings but not ever since then...

She felt nauseated and stumbled back while cupping her mouth. What should she do? He caught her and this time he wouldn't let her go even for an act. Jasper was caught and the guards were dead.

What should she do?

She wanted to run but she knew she just couldn't escape him. He would catch up to her no matter what.

Her throat was parched and she was trembling all over when the fight finally ended with nothing but dead bodies of Logon guards scattered on the ground and drowned in the pool of their blood.

Jasper let out a helpless roar, his face and eyes red in anger due to the pressure on his neck as Mason held him down before finally jerking him up and forcing him to stand while still holding his neck in a chokehold.

Mason snickered at Jasper and flipped a finger at him before poking the side of Jasper's head with the same middle finger. "Know your damn place before raising the sword against me, fucking peesaaant." Jasper passed him a side glare but a little tighter hold from Mason had him shifting that glare anywhere but him.

Ragnar slowly rode past the carriage and came in front of Jasper who was left astounded. He peered down at Jasper, not bothering to dismount his horse and come face-to-face with him.

He was now treating Jasper like he always wanted to.

The act was futile anyway.

"You...what?" The shock had left Jasper speechless.

"I'm the vampire king. The destructor of Walton Kingdom and now the ruler of yours." Ragnar rasped, his voice filled with such authority. Sasha was contemplating her entire life at the moment. How the fuck was she supposed to get rid of all of this? Get rid of him?