General War

In the days where kingdoms were ruled by emperors. Kingdoms fought against kingdoms, emperors against emperors and warriors against warriors. Swords clashed, blood was spilled, but amongst all.

   The kingdom of Velander remained the greatest and most feared kingdom because of a man called War.

He fought wars and conquered, he slayed men. He was known to be ruthless and heartless. All he knew was war. He felt nothing but hatred and anger.
    He's killed thousands of men. He had never failed any battle and it was known to all that as long as he lived. Velander kingdom will remain the greatest.

However, from time to time, kingdoms arose to war with Velander, hoping to conquer, but none has been able.

The man known as War grew stronger and more merciless and with each day that passed by, his anger grew. His army were few yet they never failed any battle.

   Rumors spread around that he was a huge and ugly looking man. And since no ordinary villager had ever gotten a glimpse of him, everyone believed so.

His name alone instilled fear in  men. Kingdoms tried to become allies with Velander just so Velander could help them in times of War.

Emperors feared the man called War. Including Raymond, the emperor of Velander.

*  *  *  *  *

This is the second battle our kingdom has fought and conquered this year and according to father, we've been in constant victory for twenty years. So we would be having a huge celebration involving the entire kingdom .

I also overheard father telling the servants to prepare rooms in the castle for the warriors who would be returning from war.

This is the first time warriors were coming to the palace and from what I've heard, they'll be here for a while.

   Preparations for the celebration were already ongoing. While the servants were also running around preparing rooms for the warriors. The celebration was to take place tomorrow night .

My name is Odeth. I am the daughter of the emperor of Velander.

* *

   I walked down the hallway slowly, servants going to and fro with cleaning equipments or furniture. Everyone seemed on edge. I too. I was both scared and excited. Everyone knew the  greatest warrior ever, the general himself known as War would also be coming to the castle.

I wanted to get to see him, but at the same time I was afraid. I've heard he was a very huge and terrible looking man but I wanted to see for myself.

I was on my way to the castles highest floor. That is where the warriors would be staying. I climbed up the stairs and once I got to the top floor I increased my pace until I got to the door at the end of the hallway.

I pushed it open with almost all of my strength. It was a very heavy door. Isidore turned to me. She was a maid in the castle whom I've come to like a lot, although she was very much older than me.

" My princess" she greeted with a little bow. " How are you doing?" I asked as I walked towards the huge bed in the room. I couldn't help but notice that this room was bigger than the other rooms. Even bigger than mine and it looked extravagant.

I attempted sitting on the bed but Isidore quickly stopped me
" My princess, this, this is" she stuttered. " What?" I asked, a bit annoyed. " I'm sorry but the emperor, your father personally asked me to prepare this room for the general" she said.

Well, that explains why this room looked so good. I swallowed down. " So what? I'm.. I'm the princess, I can sit wherever I want. Besides, he's not here yet. Go on with what you were doing" I said and sat on the bed.

I could see Isidore wasn't comfortable but I didn't really mind it. Why couldn't I sit on the bed just because it was being prepared for him. We all honoured and respected him because he's been the one keeping us all safe in this kingdom but he wasn't here.

Isidore went ahead dusting the tables and walls, making sure everything was spotless.

   The reason I came here was to avoid Andrew, a prince of another Kingdom,whom dad was trying to get me married to. He visits from time to time trying to get close to me but I didn't like him. I was glad dad wouldn't force anyone on me.

However I knew he wanted me to marry prince Andrew, but that wouldn't be happening. He was currently somewhere in the palace looking for me and I know he might stay for a few days which meant I would have to talk to him later.

I sighed and crawled further into the bed and laid down. The bed was huge and it felt comfortable. Slowly I closed my eyes.

" Princess... My princess" I heard faintly. I blinked and slowly opened my eyes.
" My princess" Isidore called softly " Wake up, I'm done cleaning, it's evening already" she said.
" How long did I sleep?" I asked as I slowly sat up
" Four hours I think" she said.

My eyes widened " Why didn't you wake me up?" I complained.
" I just thought you were tired and didn't want to disturb you but we have to leave now. The warriors have arrived at the castle" Isidore said.

I quickly jumped up from the bed on hearing that information
" Why are you only just saying that?" I screamed loudly. We both quickly rearranged the bed before hurrying out of the room.

     I went straight to my bedroom. The sun was setting quickly, it was almost completely dark. I hurried to my balcony to watch the warriors enter the castle premises. Although I couldn't see them clearly due to how fast the weather was getting darker, I could still tell that they were massive.

I easily spotted the general since he was the one in front and my eyes widened at how huge he was even from this far. All the servants around had their heads down.

I tried to look closely, maybe I could see his face, but it was too dark and I was too far away. Besides I was far up in the castle, so it was impossible to see their faces.

I was frightened knowing the warriors were now actually in the castle and not just any warrior but War.

But I refuse to be scared, he serves us , he's under my father and I'm his princess. I tried to encourage myself.

    The warriors soon entered the Castle, out of my sight. I wanted to see them, I wanted to see the general's face. The rumor about him being huge was true so I had to confirm how ugly he was. Not that I doubted him being ugly, I was just curious.

I was well aware that people are not allowed to look at the general's face but I'm the princess right? I shouldn't be obligated to follow that rule.

_______________________

Hey guys. So this is the first chapter of this story. Hope you like it.

Please vote and leave a comment.