chapter 2

Warning: Mild smut

______________________________________

"I am not!" Lover exclaimed in defense, meanwhile, her face was completely red like a tomato.

Everyone began laughing which embarrassed her more. This is just great, she thought. Lover began asking herself if she really is into girls. She never had considered it before but she was beginning to.

"Deb, that's not nice." Fearless quietly scolded the girl next to her, whispering it softly into her ear.

Debut turned her head to look at her best friend who gazed directly into her innocent blue eyes with her breathtaking hazel ones, her mascara coated lashes fluttering awaiting a response.

She stayed silent, admiring Fearless for a moment too long.

"Everything good? You just got really flushed all of a sudden." Her tone changed with worry, placing her hand gently on Debut's cheek to check her temperature.

Snapping out of her trance, the younger girl regained her ability to speak.

"I'm okay, yeah." Debut was utterly confused why her friend suddenly became so appealing. She had always admired her beauty but in a friendly way. This was different. This time, she got some weird feeling inside of her stomach. She took it for feeling a bit sick, completely clueless as per usual.

Shaking off that weird moment they just had, they both ran up the stairs giggling. They were going to do each other's makeup and blast their country music really loud to piss off Midnights. She always slept in until 11 am if no one forcefully woke her.

Lover sighed, still embarrassed from what just happened.

"Don't worry, I was just like that once... In complete denial." 1989 reminisced.

This just made Lover scoff and roll her eyes, thankful it went unnoticed. She walked over to the coffee bar, searching for her favorite mug through the collection they had in the cupboard. It wasn't there.

"Where's my pink heart shaped mug? Have you seen it? She wondered, turning to look at 1989.

The short haired girl stopped to think for a moment, "Reputation used it for her coffee yesterday. Probably left it in her room, where she hoards all her dishes."

Seriously? Lover thought, completely annoyed. She had to actually go into her room, after everything that's happened today.

1989 sensed her irritance and laughed. "It's a pigsty in there, good luck." She joked.

Lover returned a small anxious laugh before embarking on her journey. The day couldn't possibly get any worse and it was only 6: 30 am.

As she left the kitchen, she came across Speak Now who had just gotten back from her morning run with her forehead dripping with sweat. She quickly waved to her before jogging up the excessively long spiral staircase leading up to the second floor.

Reputation's room is probably the only one she's never gone in more than once the entire time she's lived here. Lover was scared to, as the girl's presence itself was intimidating, so she never dared to bother.

Arriving at the closed door, she deeply inhaled before even touching the doorknob. Reputation wasn't in there because she had just been seen walking into the living room mere moments ago.

There was nothing to worry about, Lover told herself.

Suddenly, a loud song started to play from someone's room across the hall, followed by unsuspecting giggling from two familiar voices. Fearless and Debut.