chapter five

They pulled apart when they saw a car driving towards them. "Mr. Wonka, ms. Scrubbit . A word in private if I may." The chief of police said. Willy and Jane looked at each other and Willy said. "certainly officer." The chief addressed his fellow officer.  "Be on your way, officer." "Are you sure sir?" Questioned the officer. "Oh yeah, this is between me, mr. Wonka and ms. Scrubbit." Responded the chief.

"Good officer, if this is about Abigail." Began Willy, as he walked towards the chief with Jane next to him. The officer cut him off saying "I've got a message for you, pal." He grabbed the two by their necks and put their heads in the ice cold fountain. 

As their heads were dumped into the fountain, Willy and Jane screamed while trying to get out of the water. "Do  not sell chocolate in this town!" The chief yelled and he pulled their heads up again. "Got it?" He questioned Willy, who responded with "Not really I'm afraid." Because of the water in his ears. 

"Oh so you got a mouth on you candyman? I said-" He pushed the two's heads back in the fountain, repeating his earlier sentence. He pulled them back out as Jane's body went limp from not getting enough air. Willy just barely managed to catch her before she hit her head. 

"Did you hear me that time?" The chief asked. Willy looked up at the policeman and said "I have water in my ears." The chief came to his senses (well, kinda) and said "okay, that makes sense. Listen, I'm sorry, truth is I don't want to be doing this." Willy quickly said "I don't want you to be doing this." as he looked at Jane, moving some hair from her face. 

"But I still gotta give you a message, sell chocolate in this town again and you're gonna get more than a bonk on the head" Willy looked at the chief confused "I don't have a bonk on the head." He said. The chief started looking for the tool while saying "What is with me today? can you just give me a second?" He finally found it and hit Willy on the head really hard, knocking him out. The chief walked away, leaving the two unconscious.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jane woke up in her bed with a small towel on her head. Confused, she tilted herself up a little bit to look around and saw Willy, asleep at her desk. The creaking sounds of her old bed probably woke Willy up, because the next moment, Willy shot awake and looked around frantically. Once he saw Jane awake, he quickly walked over to her, and kneeled by her bed. 

"Hey" He softly said. Jane, still half asleep, smiled at Willy  and yawned saying "hey Willy, what happened?" Willy took the little towel from her head and said "Don't worry about that, we're okay and that's all that matters." Jane sat up slowly and gave Willy a small kiss on his cheek.

Willy smiled and stood up. He walked towards the little window with bars on it, grabbing a rope with a hook on it. "Noodle" Willy called. Noodle appeared in her window saying "what is it Willy?" "Watch out" He said as he threw the rope, and it latched onto the bars on Noodle's window. he slid a bucket to her window and Noodle grabbed a jar out of it. 

"what's this for?" "for you, I promised you a lifetime supply." Willy gave her a little smile. "You didn't have to do that." "of course I did, I gave you my word." Willy said sincerely. Noodle smiled and looked at Willy, thanking him. "I've got something for you too." She put a piece of paper into the bucket and slid it back over. 

Willy looked at the paper, he had it upside down. He was confused and asked "What's this? A glass half full?" Noodle grinned and said "other way up." Willy turned it around and said "A glass half empty." Noodle rolled her eyes as Jane laughed and told Willy "It's an A, your first letter. We're teaching you to read." "Oh girls." "Well I can't have my businesspartner eaten by a tiger can I? Or nearly eaten." Said Noodle and Willy smiled as he responded "So we're still partners?"