Chapter 10

Jackson

"We have options. No matter what you choose, I will support you. I promise," I told Ben as he cried softly into my chest. He looked up at me.

"I- I want to have your baby. I want us to raise our child together. I'm just so scared," he told me.

"I know, baby. I know," I kissed the top of his head.

I was trying to think logically about this. How to handle such a delicate situation. I hadn't even figured out how to tell my father about my mate, and now there was this. 

I imagined a little child favoring Ben, with his beautiful brown curls and bright blue eyes. I yearned for it. I want this. Ben wants this. 

That old bastard will just have to get over himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later

My father left for a few days to meet with other Alphas in the area. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to spend some more time with Ben. So here we were, sitting on the sofa in the living room of my home.

I cradled Ben as he laid his legs across my lap. We laughed together as I rubbed his belly.

"Okay, okay. What about August?" I suggested. Ben smacked my arm.

"August? I am not naming my child after a month, Jackson!" he exclaimed as he was barely able to hold in his laughter.

"Well I don't hear you throwing out any suggestions!" I told him as I attacked him with tickles. His laughter echoed across the home. I eventually stopped to admire my mate's beautiful face. 

I really hope our child looks like him.

I leaned in and brushed my lips against Ben's. He leaned in and pressed his against mine. Moving my lips against my mate's, I felt across his body. From his disheveled curls, his thin arms wrapped around me, and his little belly that hadn't grown yet, but I couldn't wait.

His womb held the person who would succeed me as Alpha.

Our heated make out session distracted me from seeing what was coming. Suddenly, the front door swung open. Ben practically flew off of my lap as we both stood and were soon faced with my father walking in through the entryway, Beta Vincent behind him.

He stopped when he saw Ben and I, investigating the situation for a moment with only his eyes. Our marks, our flushed faces, our closeness. It was all on display. I saw Vincent's face wrinkle in confusion while my father conveyed no emotion. I felt Ben trembling as I gently pulled his body behind mine.

"Father, you're home early," I stated.

"The meetings were cut short. What is this?" my father finally spoke.

"Can we please just have a calm, civilized talk about this?"

"What is there to talk about? That you've gone and shacked up with some boy in my absence? This is disgusting, Jackson," he told me with venom in his voice.

"Ben is my mate. There's nothing disgusting about it," I raised my voice at him. He stepped closer.

"Son, you think you are mates. You aren't. This is blasphemous. You cannot possibly believe he would suffice as Luna?" he laughed. "I will not accept this, Jackson."

"You have no choice. The Moon Goddess paired us together. There's nothing you can do about it," I told him.

"Nothing I can do about it?" he asked as he began taking slow steps toward me. I could feel the pheromone rolling off of him, beginning to affect me.

"Cyrus, I don't think-" Vincent started to speak.

"You stay out of this, Vincent. I am the Alpha. I say what goes," my father spat at his Beta.

"Father, stop," I demanded as my legs began to grow weak.

"No son of mine will be mated to some queer. No one would respect you as Alpha, Jackson. It's shameful."

The air became thicker. It was getting more and more difficult to breathe. My vision became darker as I slowly fell to my knees. I can feel burning tingles across my body as it became impossible to move.

"Jackson!" I could hear Ben calling me as I urged my body to move. It was everything I could do to breathe shallow breaths.

 I used the last of my strength to communicate with my mate through our thoughts.

"Ben, run!"

Benjamin

I looked at my mate, and at my surroundings. The Alpha was slowly approaching. Jackson had told me to run. 

I stood to my feet, and quickly bolted past the Alpha and Beta, and out the front door. I ran past the steps, and headed for the woods. It was raining, and I could feel the cold water and mud splashing up on my bare feet as I ran. I could hear footsteps behind me, and quickly looked back to see the Alpha chasing me. He was gaining on me. I pushed my legs to go faster, when all of a sudden, my bones locked up and I went tumbling across the grass. 

The Alpha quickly reached me. He flipped me on my back, and straddled my waist while grasping my throat. He squeezed. My vision began to fill with dark spots as I pushed at his arms, in a desperate attempt to regain my breath. He was just too strong.

My arms slowly fell to the ground as I lost all of my strength left to fight this monster. My eyes were brimming with water, both from my tears and the heavy rain falling from the sky. The last thing I saw was the Alpha's grey eyes darken before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~

What do you think will happen? What would you like to see happen?

Vote if you like the story so far!