57

As I parked my car in the basement of my building, I checked my phone if there was any reply from Alex.

There was one message that didn't come from her.

4 PM tomorrow, I'll pick you up.

It was from an unknown number but I already knew who it was from.

I hit reply.

Just send me the address and I'll meet you there.

Lisa probably gave my number to Audrey though I don't remember ever exchanging numbers with her.

As soon as I was inside my apartment, I composed a text to Alex letting her know I was home. I threw my bag on the couch and went straight to the bathroom, I stripped and let the hot shower run through my body.

I needed it to relax my nerves. 

I keep thinking of Alex, I know it was a safe treatment and she needed it, but I feel like an outsider and don't know anything.

The need to be with her was creeping up my gut that I had this itching feeling, the restlessness inside me, and was feeling bad that I could not do anything about it.

I got out of the shower still feeling the heaviness in my chest. 

I checked my phone as soon as dressed and saw a message from Audrey again, but nothing from Alex.

I'll pick you up.

I closed her message and composed another to Alex. It's past midnight there and I hope she's in the hotel by now.

Hey, on my bed now, thinking of you.

I lay on my bed, and stared at the ceiling as I waited for Alex to reply.

It took probably 5 minutes when I felt my phone buzzed. Hurriedly, I opened the message, it's from Alex.

Hi, Babe, just got out of the shower. Missing you too. I need to sleep now, I only have a few hours to rest before the chemo. I'll update you tomorrow. I love you.

I read her message multiple times before I hit reply.

I love you more...

Before I put down my phone, I sent a message to the shelter that I wouldn't be coming tomorrow.

I can't focus, it's only Alex I could think of.

I have no idea what time I fell asleep. All night I was thinking about the Chemo, constructing a scenario in my mind, wishing and praying that everything would go well with her tomorrow.

I checked the time and it was past noon. No wonder my stomach has been rumbling, I actually woke up because of it.

I took my phone and saw 3 messages from Alex.

Good morning, we're on our way to the hospital. 

We're here, I'll text you once done.

Hey, just got back, I might sleep all day. Text me when you're up.

I immediately hit reply.

How are you feeling? Was thinking of you all night and woke up late. Please text me when you can, or I can call you, just let me know, please. I love you.

 I feel like hitting my head against the wall. I know about the time difference, why did I not set up an alarm to wake up early?

Stupid!

Stupid!

Stupid!

I stared at Alex's messages, worries were beginning to succumb to me.

She's probably feeling weak after the treatment. The only thing consoling me right now is knowing that her Mom is beside her at this moment, taking care of her.

When I met her, she seemed warm and based on Alex's stories about her, she's annoying but at least she cared about her children, unlike my Mom...

I wonder how she is.

I remember the last time I saw her and how it went, her emotionless eyes staring into mine, her disgusted face judging my whole being.

I shook that image from my head, I don't need it now, I'm too worried about Alex to think of my Mother.

I decided to get up from my bed and head to the kitchen, taking my phone with me in case Alex would woke up and reply, I'd see it immediately.

I fixed myself some noodles, not feeling like cooking. I took it on the couch, turned on my TV, and ate it there.

Time passed by with me watching but not understanding anything from it and staring into my phone waiting for Alex's text.

I was about to get up from the couch when I heard my bell ringing.

Went to the door and looked at my peephole, it was Audrey.

As I opened it, her sweet smile greeted me.

"You're not dressed yet." She said while she looked at me from head to toe.

I completely forgot I was wearing just an oversized shirt with just my panties and no shorts. 

"Not that I'm complaining, I mean, I saw you wearing a bikini already, but you know, the restaurant has a policy to at least dress casually." 

Audrey's gaze was fixated on my thighs and it was making me uncomfortable.

I turned my back on her, I grabbed the blanket from the couch and tried to cover myself.

I heard her chuckle as she closed the door behind her and followed me.

"I just said I already saw you wearing a two-piece, you didn't need to cover yourself with that." She pointed at my pink blanket.

"What are you doing here?" I managed to ask.

"We have a date, remember?" She walked in front of me and sat comfortably on my couch, she threw her arms at the back of it while she squared her legs, and maintained eye contact.

"What date?" My brows furrowed, is this girl hallucinating or something?

"You agreed to have coffee with me last night, you forgot? I even texted you the time."

Fuck!

I completely forgot about it. But wait...

"How did you know my apartment?" I'm fine with her finding out my mobile number, but where I live? That's a different conversation.

"Oh, you know, I asked someone then that someone asked another one, you know how it goes." She said casually.

This girl is getting on my nerves!

"No, I don't know how it goes! So, tell me who told you my address!"

"Jeez! Relax, tiger. Let's just say, Brian is not the only Brown in the company."

WTF?

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)