DAY FOUR (Part two)

POV: Ishaan Kishan

‘ Why are you sitting so quietly?’ It was Shreyas’s voice that brought Ishaan back to reality.

Both of them were on the sets for an ad shoot. Ishaan scratched his head and looked around. There seems to be a delay.

‘ you want a smoke?’ Ishaan asked as he got up.
‘ always’

‘ Will you tell me why you are so quiet?’ Shreyas asked again, breaking the silence they had their first cigarette in.

Ishaan stared at the ground. The air still felt humid from last night's rain, and even though it wasn't raining anymore, the day felt gloomy.

‘There's someone I love, and I promised to protect that person, but I don't know how’ ishaan said, almost to himself. His mind kept going back to the meeting him and Shubman had with Ibrahim.

‘ Is it Aditi?’

‘ No ..’ he hesitated, avoiding his eyes. Should he tell Shreyas about Shubman.

‘ Then who?? You keep secrets from me now?’ Shreyas joked pretending to be hurt.

Ishaan rolled his eyes. It is true that he is hiding something from him, he just hasn't found a way to bring it up yet. At least that's what he's telling himself. Maybe he's just afraid of the judgment it might bring, more afraid of ruining Shubman's reputation than his own.

‘ I will tell you in due time. And since when did you become such good friends Aditi?’ Ishaan questioned.

‘last night, when you left the party, I dropped her home. She's a fun girl, and I think….I think she likes you a lot, ' Shreyas teased.

‘ We have known each other for a really long time, that's all there is’ Ishaan shrugged, making a mental note to apologize to Aditi for ditching her at the party.

‘ That's how all love stories start. Childhood friends to lovers’ Shreyas laughed and put his arms around Ishaan.

Ishaan playfully pushed him away, only to have shreyas jump on his back as a revenge move.

‘ yaar, whatever it is, when you are ready, remember to tell me. Otherwise, sach mein I will get hurt’ there was a seriousness in his tone. Ishaan smiled in a silent agreement.

POV: Shubman Gill

Shubman was distracted throughout practice. He could hear the coaches giving him instructions, he could hear his teammates talking to him, but he was unable to decipher what was happening around him. He felt as though he was stuck in a glass box, alone and afraid.

‘ Oye, Gill! What are you doing yaar!’ he heard Rohit yell from a distance.

Shubman was missing all the balls that were coming at him. Any batting attempt he made was futile. He made several attempts to concentrate, but his mind had other plans. All he could think about was what Ibrahim said to him and Ishaan.

‘ Shubman… Shubman!’ Virat was standing in front of him.

‘ What's up with you today? Tu teekh hei? Are you okay?’ Virat asked.

Shubman removed his helmet and looked around. Everyone was either directly or indirectly looking at him.

‘ I.. I uh, I don't feel so good.’ Shubman stammered.

‘ Go to the locker room’ , Virat instructed.

Shubman felt embarrassed as he walked off the field. He was the next big thing in the cricket world, he had no room for mistakes, yet somehow he was failing at practice. With each step he took, the embarrassment in him was slowly turning into anger. Anger at himself and at his incompetence in keeping his feelings at bay. However, what bothered him the most was the root of all this; fear. A fear which he had hid in the innermost corner of his heart and mind. A fear which he had worked so hard to forget. He could almost feel it claw itself to the surface of his life, threatening to ruin it, bit by bit.