Chapter 1

For now, I've decided on slightly short chapters, but I may change the chapter breaks once the entire story's been edited. Anyways, here's the first chapter, enjoy!

Definitions:

Bhabhi- sister-in-law; Bhabhs- a nickname for Bhabhi

Bhai- brother

Didi- older sister

Jiju- brother-in-law/sister's husband

Chacha- paternal uncle/dad's younger brother

Chachi- wife of paternal uncle

Nani- maternal grandmother

Dadi- paternal grandmother

Biwi- wife

Beta/baccha/bacche- child, dear

Gudiya- doll (an endearment)

Meri jaan/jaan/jaana- my life/life (an endearment)

Arey- like saying 'oh', a type of exclamatory word

Yaar- like dude, or bro

Haan- yes/yeah

Nahi- no

It had been six months since Vaidehi Srivastav had become Vaidehi Malhotra, wife of business mogul Raghuveer Malhotra, and daughter-in-law of the powerful and revered Malhotra family. "Bhabhi, yaar, please! You didn't let us celebrate any of your monthiversaries until now, but six months is a milestone. We have to celebrate! Please, don't become a sadu like Bhai." (sadu- boring) "Arey, there's no need to go that far!" "No, beta, Akshu is absolutely right. We must celebrate!" Vaidehi looked pleadingly at her father-in-law, Ranvijay. "Papa, aap hi bataiye na." (Papa, you only tell them.)

Instead of supporting her, he wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulders and gave a thumbs up to his daughter. "Nope, sorry beta. I'm with my wife and daughter on this one." "Acha, theek hai, if you all insist. But not a large party, just a close one with only family members." (Ok, fine, if you all insist...) Akanksha, her sister-in-law who was more often called Akshu, and her mother-in-law, Chandrika, had identical pouts on their faces hearing her words. 

"Cool, a party! What are we having a party for?" Yagnik, the younger son and happy-go-lucky middle child of the family, came downstairs after freshening up and plopped down on the sofa, laying his head in his mother's lap. Chandrika lightly slapped his head at his stupid question, then began running her fingers soothingly through his hair. He had returned from work just in time for afternoon tea, and everyone began discussing the idea of a party while sipping their chai. Vaidehi gestured for Yagnik to sit up and handed him his cup of chai. 

"Yaar Bhabhi, your chai is the solution to all my problems. Waise, konse party ke baare mein baatein chal rahe hain?" (By the way, what party are you guys talking about?) "Nikki yaar, thoda dhyan diya karo! Kaam mein toh tu fattu hain, khoya khoya rehta hain, aur uske piche waja koi girlfriend bhi nahi hain. Kam se kam family pe toh dhyan do. Hum Bhai aur Bhabhi ka sixth monthiversary ke baare mein baat kar rahe hain." (Nikki dude, pay some attention! You're useless atwork, you're always lost somewhere, and the reason behind that isn't even agirlfriend. At least pay some attention to your family. We're talking aboutBhai and Bhabhi's sixth monthiversary.) "Oye Kanku, izzat se bulaiya kar apne bade bhai ko. Nikki nahi, Yagnik Bhai bulaiya kar mujhe. Aur tum konsa Forbes Under 30 mein ho ki tum mera zindagi ka mazaak udaye." (Oye Kanku, call me your older brother with respect.You should call me Yagnik bhai, not Nikki. And you're not in the Forbes under30 list to be able to make fun of me.) "Haaw, tumne mujhe Kanku bulaya, chodunga nahi tumhe, saale! Ab tu gaya mere haathon mein, Maggi! Aur tere bachpan ke nange pictures mein viral kardungi!" (Haaw, you called me Kanku, I won't leave you! Nowyou're finished in my hands, Maggi! And I'll make your childhood naked picturesviral!)