Chapter 6

When I finally woke up, there was a pounding pain in my head. This time I wasn’t laying in the back of a van, but tied down to a chair in an almost empty room. I looked around at the poorly lit room to see where I was. The floors and walls were concrete, and there were two or three other chairs near mine. From the ceiling there were a few lights here and there that gave enough light to see but not much.  A few feet away I saw a table that made my heart stop. On the table were various knives and other tools that anyone would know their purpose for: torture.

                It was freezing in this room but I was so nervous and scared that I began to sweat heavily making myself even colder. I was completely alone and left to guess who my kidnappers were, but I had one idea in mind. Rebecca Stone wanted to destroy Jared and she put the pieces together that I was his girlfriend. Why else would I have seen her twice in one day? Granted the second encounter was because I went to her tattoo shop, but it had to be more than coincidence that she came in that day. Suddenly a door opened behind me and I heard the footsteps drawing closer. It took everything I had to hide my fear and seem brave.

               “She can scream all she wants, it won’t make a difference,” I heard a familiar voice, one I had never expected.

                “What if Jared starts looking for her?” asked a man whose voice I have heard before but wasn’t as familiar as the first.

                “He won’t be looking here. That dumbass is convinced that it’s Rebecca Stone that took this bitch. While their having their little gang war, we’ll sit back and wait for them to destroy each other,” this person sounded very pleased with their brilliant plan; I was impressed too. The timing was impeccable.

                “So what is she here for?”

                “She is the beginning. Jared thinks Rebecca has her, Rebecca will be offended by the accusation and they’ll attack each other. Then we’ll use Jared and Rebecca’s old resources and costumers to start our own, better business. We’ll be the boss and have the success.”

                “As long as you dump that fiancé of yours, babe” I thought I heard them kiss.

                I remained perfectly still to keep their attention away from me and to keep those tools away from me. It was only a matter of time that they noticed the helpless girl tied up in the chair, and that moment came. It became silent again and soon that silence was broken by the sounds of footsteps again getting closer. My eyes were glued to the floor while my heart raced. Within seconds a pair of shoes stood right in front of me and I had to look up to see who was wearing those shoes. In my mind I prayed that it was anyone else that who I now thought it was; I was so crushed and disappointed.

                Standing right in front of me with a look of satisfaction on her face was one of the people I trusted the most. Rachel. She looked down at me as if I was nothing to her. Complementing the pain in my head was a new pain in my heart from this betrayal. I could feel my eyes stinging from oncoming tears, but I tried to stay calm and not give her more of an advantage. I never looked away from her no matter how much it heart, but it was nothing compared to the next pain I felt. Before I even knew what was about to happen, I saw Rachel raise her fist and felt in hit the side of my face exactly where my new tattoo was. The hit was hard to take with my skin already sore, but it hurt more because it was from a friend.

                “I’ve been waiting to do that for a long time,” she said smirking.

                “How could you do this to your family? Jared let you into our home despite whatever feud you have going on,” I yelled at her. If she was going to kill me, I might as well get some more answers.

                “A feud? You’re so stupid, Sasha. You have such blind faith in a man you don’t even know.”

                “I know he loves me! Vincent loves you too and you’re betraying him. It doesn’t matter who they are in work. When Jared comes home to me, I know that’s the real him on the inside,” we might have been fighting before, but I did still love him.

                “Knock some sense in her,” Rachel said to the mystery guy. Suddenly he came from behind the chair. Before I could get a good look at him, his fist hit my jaw. The force knocked the entire chair over and my head hit the cold concrete floor.

                “Is one hit enough?” he asked.

                “Thank you, babe. Just sit her up again so we can continue our chat,” her tone was so unfamiliar. It was hard to believe that this was the real Rachel. I had almost hoped this had been one of those crazy evil twin stories.

                “You have one hell of a definition of a chat,” I mumbled.

                “Sasha, where is this attitude coming from? Where’s that innocent little victim that Jared picked up from the street like a lost kitten?”

                “You’re going to kill me either way, might as well skip the manners.”

                “I’m not going to kill you, sweetie. I will tell you a little story first and then let you go,” she was suddenly a little more pleasant, but still arrogant.

                “Oh sure. I’m just going to walk on out of here,” I said sarcastically.

                “Don’t you believe me?”

                “Fuck no!” I yelled at her, the man from behind grabbed my hair and yanked my head back.

                “You be nice now, bitch. Jared isn’t here to protect you,” he whispered in my ear.

                “Let’s begin the story,” Rachel said, “Once upon a time, I had a mom and a dad. When Rebecca ordered the hit on my uncle, most people turned towards my dad to be the leader. Now, little, perfect Jared wouldn’t let that happen since he had to be in charge himself. So he came to my parent’s home one night, while I was sleeping and I awoke to the sound of five gunshots.”

                “You’re lying!” I yelled, but the man yanked my hair again to make me shut up.

               “When I went to my dad’s office, I found both of my parents dead and Jared holding a gun. Since that moment, I’ve been planning the perfect revenge. I knew I was going to take this business he created from him and make it the way my dad intended, but that wasn’t enough. I had to hurt him like he hurt me. You’re just the icing on the cake.”

                “You’re a bitch,” I mumbled.

                “It’s rude to interrupt,” Ben answered and hit the back of my head.

                “Thank you, dear. Anyway, I took some people from either gang who also wanted more and we formed our own gang working together to plan their downfall. Ben here, made sure Rebecca met with you more than once to anger Jared. She has no idea who you are, but that doesn’t matter. I told Jared a few white lies about how she asked you about your relationship with him and other personal questions. It’s only a matter of time before the others get those two to declare war on each other.”

                 “So then why should I believe you’re letting me go?”

                “I should have been more specific. You’re not leaving on your own. I took the liberty to make sure you’ll be safe and protected. Being a killer’s girlfriend, you should know how dangerous the world is, so I called your father.”