Chapter 23

Julia wanted to probe him more, but knowing him, he would not budge. She shook her head and ran towards the volleyball area. Introductions were made, and everyone was cool and welcoming. They began playing, and it was all the more fun. Julia felt free and the wind helped with that.

"Julia."

She turned and saw that Alexander was motioning her to come,

"What's wrong?"

"I'm going back."

"Okay see y..................."

"You're coming with me."

"Why should I? I'm enjoying myself."

"I can see that."

"And?"

"We have to work on tonight as you are meeting my colleagues and we can't mess up."

"Okay but it is only eleven in the morning, I will come after lunch."

"No, you're not."

"Says who?"

"Julia, I'm not in the mood, and what will people say when they see my wife, alone, looking this stunning."

Alexander stopped and she could see that he had said more than he wanted to, and he seemed to be jealous or was she reading too much into it?

"So?"

"We have to go now."

"Fine."

They headed back to the hotel room and she felt drowsy, Julia climbed on the bed, and Alexander said nothing as he went to the bathroom.

Julia opened her eyes to someone calling her name, "What's going on?"

"We have dinner soon."

She nodded, "Let me get ready."

Dinner went well and so did the rest of the trip, Alexander cared about her the whole time, but it was all in the name of an arranged marriage.

The minute they walked into the house, Ava jumped into Alexander's arms, she scoffed, of course, she would be here.

After a long bath and a new change of clothes, she went to bed immediately. Julia roused when she felt a hand running through her hair.

The following afternoon, Julia sat outside and the breeze felt amazing. She wanted to scream when Alexander and Ava sat down.

They could have come and sat outside, anywhere so that she would not have to talk to the two of and the pda. She groaned inwards,

"Can I ever enjoy sitting alone outside without you two?"

"Don't be a child." Ava hit back.

Julia did not say anything as they talked, she could not leave as they had to prove they were fine.

Julia watched as Ava and Alexander chatted, they were in love, she looked at Alexander, and her heart began hurting again.

The one man who made her weak to her knees, who made her want to forget everything wrong about him.

Most of all the one that she could not have.

"Julia."

She snapped out of her thoughts, "Yes."

"You should stop looking at me like that."

Her face became hot with color, and Ava looked angry,

"I'm trying to sell our story so we don't have to do more to convince everyone." Julia saw that Alexander and Ava were really buying her story.

Night time came, and she was headed to the car, as Blake had come to fetch her,

"Julia."

She stopped by the living room where Alexander and Ava sat. Julia saw that Alexander was scanning her fully and did not even bother to disguise it.

Hey everyone I hope you all have an amazing week, thank you for supporting me :)

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava