[ epilogue ]

[now playing]
This love (Taylor's Version)
Taylor Swift
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

—TEN MONTHS LATER—

Third day of university, Jiwoo plopped down on the sofa, groaning as she waited for her friend, Siyeon, to finish getting ready.

"You better be done by 8, or I'm leaving without you." She yelled, growing impatient.

"It's only 7:30, Jiwoo. What's the rush?" Siyeon whined from the room.

Jiwoo's life was transitioning for the better. She finally resolved her familial issues, got accepted into one of the best universities in Korea, found a great roommate and friend except for the long wait each morning and had been in touch with her longtime friend, Konon.

There was only one thing bothering her. A person, to be specific. Now that her past wasn't haunting her anymore, she wanted to fix things and rekindle their old flame but she was hesitant and scared because there was a huge possibility that he had moved on. After all, it had been months since they last texted.

"What's the worst that could happen, right? I mean, I can play it cool," she muttered to herself, gathering the courage to finally install the app.

• 100+ notifications from
annoying riki •

• 100+ notifications from annoying riki •

^ more unread messages

30 September 11:22pm

i went to the park yesterday
and the people cycling there
reminded me of you again:)

classes are starting soon
i guess it's the same for you
sorry about the spam,
i really couldn't help it
11:25pm

funny how the tables turned
11:28pm

4 October 07:43am

guess i'm back for good
your spams weren't what
i expected but that's okay,
i'll read them
after class alright?
we'll catch up later
sent

**

The girls were on the way to their first class when Siyeon suddenly stopped and stomped her foot in frustration. "Damn it, I forgot my file. You go ahead, I'll catch up," she said.

Jiwoo sighed and watched as Siyeon ran in the opposite direction. "We're already running late, be quick," she shouted after her friend.

Jiwoo hurriedly gathered whatever she needed from her locker and made her way to class while searching for her phone in her bag.

In her haste, she accidentally bumped into someone, prompting her to turn around and apologize. She frozed after seeing the person standing just a few feet away from her.

"Riki." she said, almost in a whisper.

Their eyes met, and she felt her breath hitched in her throat. They stood there for a moment, without saying a word, but their eyes held a different story as if there was an invisible string connecting the two.

"Jiwoo, thanks for waiting!" Siyeon intervened, interrupting their exchange. She then grabbed her friend by the arm and pulled her around the corner. "How the heck do you know Riki?"

"It's a long story."

**

4 October 05:34pm

4 October 05:34pm

that was you, wasn't it?

it's finally nice to meet you
Nishimura Riki
06:33pm

and it's nice to meet you
what did i tell you
about your eyes;)
08:12pm

my eyes? hmm
funny how the universe works
08:28pm

you know what i think it is?
Fortuity :)
08:35pm

hm, fortuity?
08:35pm

Another chance to
rewrite our story, i believe
maybe this time, in person
08:40pm

─────── THE END ───────

TO MY LOVELY READERS 💌:
I actually stuck around till the end and finished this book, unbelievable. 😭 I'm so grateful to each one of you for your endless love and support. The comments in this book never fail to make my day and I hope I can be a better writer in the days to come and write stories that meet your expectations.
ITS BEEN LOVELY WRITING FOR YGS!
THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤️