10. everything's bigger in texas

Qatar went wonderfully. Oscar had won the Sprint, and McLaren had received a double podium, and Oscar was in second place. This made his superiors happy, but more importantly, it had made Lisbon proud.

He was of course happy to deliver results and happy to place that high, but he felt more when Lisbon had her arms around his neck.

He wished it could last forever, but they were just friends, he tried to think of it as acting, a part he had to play. It was difficult because all he could think about was her.

People around the pair noticed how he looked at her while she was speaking, it was like there was nothing more important to him than to listen to what she had to say. He didn't think there was something more important than that, being honest.

He loved hearing Lisbon speak, and it was nicer when it was something she was passionate about.

Whether it was music she was writing, how her day had went, what cat video Logan had sent her, he was interested in it. It felt refreshing to Lisbon as well, she had never had someone care about what she had to say so much. It had her feeling thrown.

While she didn't want to acknowledge it, it was obvious her music did. She had written multiple melodies and songs with Oscar in mind, and she had no clue if she were ever to release them, especially now.

Everyone would know they were about him.

Logan and Alex's plan never went into effect, but it wasn't their fault, they forgot.

They had plans to continue with it in Texas. Logan knew the area better so he knew where there were good places for the two to go eat, and Alex didn't know Texas well enough that he would be asking Logan to take him to places like a Whole Foods.

So there they were, walking down the produce aisle, looking for pomegranates.

"So which one of us is going to text them? Who are we gonna text?" Logan asked Alex.

"I mean, we could just like, make a groupchat?"

"Now that is genius Alex, you can do that while we go back to the hotel." Logan said, putting pomegranates in their basket.

"Mate, what do we need raisins, pomegranates, celery, and peanut butter for?" Alex asked the boy.

"Ants on a log, Duh!" Logan said, like it was common sense.

"The pomegranates are for you, I feel like you're a pomegranate guy."

"Weirdly enough, you're right, Logan," Alex said.

"When am I not, Alex?" Logan said, walking backwards attempting to be cool, but then running into a wall of bread behind him.

-

coolest people on the grid (and oscar)

logan
yoooo

lisbon
alex!! logan!! what up!!

alex
hey lisbon!!

oscar
what is this group chat

why is that the name

logan
because its true

anyways

me and alex have something we want to ask 😁

lisbon
shoot

alex
do you and oscar want to come eat out with me and logan?