Toward a Sea of Stars

"It's the scrapped wreckage of a battleship, sunken ages ago.", said Kodai, eyes fixed on the two wrecks. "But I never heard about another wreckage being here."

"Could they be what the enemy was reconning?", asked Shima.

"Maybe."

—————

WARNING.

Incoming enemy units.
Altitude: 3000 ft
Identified as: DWG-229 "Malenka"
No. Of units: 6

Alert: Incoming friendly units

Identified as: Type-99 "Cosmo Falcons"

ETA: approx. 2 minutes

------

Bonomisaki Cape

"What would the enemy want with these ancient battleships?"

Back at the two wreckages of titanic proportions, Kodai and Shima remain on top of the rock wall, both stumped and confused.

Suddenly, the sound of engines whizzing is heard from above. Both men look up top and spot a squadron of green flying-wing aircraft approaching from above.

"It's them!", Kodai exclaimed. Both he and Shima take cover behind some rubble.

Three of the aircraft break formation and begin their attack run, each launching six missiles towards the two battleships.

"Why would they attack something like this?", wondered Kodai over the sounds of explosions.

—————

Up above, a large star-shaped craft descends from the Earth's atmosphere. As it does, one of its "arms" opens up to reveal six more of the flying wings, all armed with missiles and descending rapidly to their targets.

The two battleships.

—————

"The enemy is presently bombing the Bonomisaki Cape area. All personnel, remain on standby in the shelter."

In an underground tunnel, alarms blare out and warning lights flash as people try to stay still amid the shaking and sounds of explosions above them.

"Are we going to be alright?", one man asked.

"We're boarding that ship. We can't die here in this tunnel!", another replied.

—————

Above ground, it's chaos as more aircraft are on their attack runs and raining down missiles after missiles on the two battleships, explosions going off everywhere.

"Where are they coming from?", Shima asked as Kodai took out a pair of binoculars and scanned the skies.

Seeing a glint from above, Kodai moved his binoculars up and focused on a star-shaped ship.

"A carrier?"

Zooming in on the image, he sees the star-shaped carrier's centre lighting up with blue energy.