Chapter one: Walls up, walls down

⁖ "Look at this godforsaken mess that you made me"

⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖ ⁖

"Look Draco, it was months ago." I stated annoyed, while I painted my nails "I'm over it." I continued, then stopped and looked up at him to make my point.

"I don't buy it. You locked yourself up in your dorm for three weeks and then up in this manor for half of the summer-" He tried to argue, but it's pointless with me.

"And now I'm a changed woman, who won't take shit from those bitches anymore. Any of them." At this point, my patience had almost ran off and I don't have much of it.

"Merlin, Puffy you need to get out a little, we're back to Hogwarts tomorrow, have you even bought your school stuff?" He looked as exhausted as I felt as he got up and threw the pillow at my bed

"Of course I have. Don't be silly, dad bought everything I needed. Happily, without anyone yapping at his ears."  I didn't even look up from my desk, he's a drama queen, he'll do his show and then will give up at some point.

What happened at the summer party is far behind me-ish. The shit they said is the shit they said and how we fell out is how we fell out, nothing is gonna change it and I wouldn't want to anyway. If you're surrounded by toxic people you're better alone, or else you'll end up intoxicated and too far gone.

I was in way over my head and didn't realise that until it was too late, having short-sided vision really sucks, but bringing people together and ending up manipulated and used without knowing? I felt like a clown. Worse then a clown a pariah.

They made me that because I let  them. Because I was so in my head and trustful that I forgot Slytherins don't have the privilege of trusting people, anyone you trust might be a foe and everyone you love might actually hate you. 

My worse mistake was to let my soft side rule my actions. The thought of anyone using me again and stabbing me in the back stayed with me for the whole summer, I read and I drank and exercised and I thought. I thought a lot. 

The one thing I didn't do was reply to my friends. I had my father reading all my letters before me then out loud to me. I filled him up on everything after the first week I spent locked up in my dorm and he terrified the whole Slytherin common room by barging in with his stupid-ass sass and dramatic robe throws.

He was possessed. Convinced he should curse students, or maybe expel them, it took about five locking spells for him to stay in my dorm and hear everything I had to say before acting. Thankfully, he always listens to me and did nothing. When vacations came he dropped the subject all together as we feel back into our old routine.