Chapter Fifteen: Its Time To Go

As Connor and Sage arrive at Sage's parents' black mansion nestled amidst lush greenery, they are greeted by the lively energy of Iyker, Cylis, and Tommy, ages 5, 4, and 3. The sprawling mansion, with its elegant architecture and expansive grounds looms heavily over Sage.

      Inside the mansion, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, with rich furnishings and tasteful decor adorning every room. Sage leads the way, showing Connor where each kids room is, the living room, and the kitchen.

      Connor and Sage set up a makeshift play area in the spacious living room, complete with toys, games, and colorful cushions for the children to sit on. Iyker, the oldest of the siblings, immediately takes charge, suggesting they build a blanket fort. Cylis and Tommy enthusiastically join in, their laughter filling the room as they construct their cozy hideaway.

      Once the fort is complete, Connor and Sage join the children inside, where they engage in pretending to be pirates on a grand adventure. They take turns sharing stories and acting out scenes, their creativity knowing no bounds.

      As the evening progresses, Sage suggests they outside. The children eagerly agree, and they set off on a nature walk, pointing out different plants and animals along the way.

       Back inside, they gather around the dining table for a delicious dinner prepared by Connor and Sage who both try not to burn the house down. The children excitedly recount their adventures, their faces lighting up as they recall their favorite moments.

      After dinner, it's time for the younger ones to wind down and get ready for bed. Connor and Sage help them into their pajamas and read them a bedtime story before tucking them in for the night in Iykers room. After the accident they all started sleeping in the same room. Once they get the kids asleep they both slip out of the bed and down to the living room.

      As Sage and Connor sit on the couch, their peaceful moment is shattered by the sound of breaking glass. Sage freezes, her heart pounding in her chest as memories of the past break-in flood her mind. Connor senses her fear and immediately springs into action, his instincts kicking in to protect her and her siblings.

      "Sage, go get your siblings and find somewhere safe," Connor says urgently, his voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Sage's eyes well up with tears as she realizes the danger they're facing, but she's torn, not wanting to leave Connor behind.

      "No, come with me, please," she pleads, her voice trembling with fear and desperation. Connor's gaze softens, but he knows they need to act quickly to ensure everyone's safety. He gently pushes her towards the stairs, his hand resting reassuringly on her shoulder.

      "I'll be right behind you. Call 911 and get to your siblings. I'll grab something to defend us, and I'll find you soon," Connor promises, his voice firm and resolute. Sage nods, her hands shaking as she fumbles for her phone, tears streaming down her cheeks.

       As Sage hurries up the stairs, her heart racing with fear, she can hear voices growing closer, sending shivers down her spine. She dials 911 with trembling fingers, relaying their address and the terrifying situation unfolding in her home. With each passing second, her anxiety mounts, but she focuses on getting to her siblings, knowing they need her now more than ever.

       Finally reaching Iyker's room, Sage finds her younger siblings huddled together, their innocent faces filled with confusion and fear. She ushers them into the room, locking the door behind them, praying for their safety.

       Meanwhile, Connor moves swiftly through the house, his senses heightened as he searches for something to defend them with. He grabs a sturdy hockey stick from the closet, his grip tight on the handle as he prepares to confront the intruders.

       Returning to Tommy's room, Connor finds Sage and her siblings huddled together, fear etched on their faces. He rushes to Sage's side, wrapping her in a tight embrace, his arms a comforting presence amidst the chaos.

       "It's going to be okay, Sage. We'll get through this together," Connor murmurs softly, his voice a soothing balm to her frazzled nerves. Sage clings to him, drawing strength from his presence as they wait anxiously for the police to arrive.

      Minutes tick by like hours as they huddle together in the darkness, the sound of footsteps echoing ominously outside the door. Sage's heart races with each passing moment, but she finds solace in Connor's arms, his steady presence anchoring her to reality.

       Finally, the sound of sirens pierces the night, signaling the arrival of the police. With a collective sigh of relief, Sage and Connor guide her siblings downstairs, where they're met by a team of officers who quickly secure the scene.

       As the chaos begins to subside, Connor stays by Sage's side, his comforting presence a source of strength as they reassure her siblings that everything is going to be okay. Sage and Connor gather her siblings and head to her apartment, seeking solace and safety in familiar surroundings. As they enter her cozy abode, Sage's heart aches with gratitude for Connor's unwavering support, his presence a comforting anchor in the storm of emotions swirling within her.

       Leading her siblings to her spacious bedroom, Sage watches with a mixture of exhaustion and relief as they settle onto her California king-sized bed, their small forms nestled together in peaceful slumber. She had chosen the oversized bed specifically to accommodate moments like these, when her siblings needed the comfort of her presence in the wake of fear and uncertainty.

       Once her siblings are safely tucked in, Sage and Connor retreat to the living room, the weight of the night's events hanging heavy in the air. As they sink onto the plush couch, Connor pulls her close, his arms a reassuring embrace as he gently encourages her to let go of the pent-up emotions weighing her down.

        "Let it all out, Sage," Connor murmurs softly, his voice a soothing melody in the stillness of the room. Sage leans into him, her body trembling with the weight of her emotions as tears stream down her cheeks, unchecked and unfiltered.

        In the safety of Connor's arms, Sage allows herself to surrender to the overwhelming flood of feelings that have been building inside her since the break-in. She cries for the fear that gripped her heart, for the memories of past trauma that resurfaced with a vengeance, and for the sheer exhaustion of trying to hold it all together.

        Connor holds her close, his touch a comforting presence as he murmurs words of reassurance and comfort, his steady heartbeat a rhythmic reminder that she is not alone. He wipes away her tears with gentle fingertips, his own eyes filled with empathy and understanding as he bears witness to her pain.

        "Everything's going to be okay, Sage," Connor whispers, his voice a gentle promise in the darkness. "I'm here for you, no matter what. You're not alone in this."

        Sage clings to him, finding solace in the warmth of his embrace and the sincerity of his words.

        As the night stretches on, Sage's tears eventually subside, replaced by a sense of peace and gratitude for the man who has stood by her side through it all. With Connor's arms wrapped around her, she finally able to drift off to sleep, tangled together on the couch, knowing that she is safe in Connors arms.

The snaps from the same little breaks in your soul
You know when it's time to go

Authors note

I'm spending the rest of today going back and fixing the luke books format 😭😭

Also at some point I used cozy abode in this chapter and I just wanted to use it because it's so fun to say ☺️

Love you guys!!