36-37

36.Rumors

"This old servant is Zou mama. Da XiaoJie is currently not inside the manor. May I ask these esteemed guests about the reason of your visit?"

"This servant greets Zou mama. I am YuSheng. We came from the capital. We would like to ask Zou mama to send someone & inform Da XiaoJie that the person she asked is already here."

--------

'Dear Ancestor, ah! Who is that 'Wife JieJie' you are talking about?'

"Mu Qing! You have to find Wife JieJie, okay? Yi'er wants Wife JieJie! Promise me."

Xu Fei Yi extended his pinky, asking Mu Qing to seal his promise.

Mu Qing wanted to cry rivers[1]. When he found out that His Royal Highness, Qin Wangye, already had someone he fancied, he excitedly ordered the servants to gather all the portraits of the unmarried women aged fourteen to 16 in Lu Shan, excluding those who already had engagement from other families. Although the ranks of those women were not fit to be the Wife of a Standard First Rank Prince, she could become His Highness' CeiFei[2] and enjoy the life of having a high status and unlimited wealth.

Unfortunately, none of those young maiden's portraits were able to pique His Highness' interest. Mu Qing was now in a dilemma. He realized that His Highness must have taken a fancy to an engaged woman. Although they could just lure the woman and blind her with golds and silvers, or even threaten her with the power of the Imperial family, Mu Qing was afraid that it would tarnish His Highness' image. Snatching someone else's bride had been viewed despicable and vile by the society. He did not want that his poor little highness would be subjected to other people's malicious thoughts. He was pure and innocent. How could he harbor evilness inside his heart? He must have wanted to find his 'Wife JieJie' and be happy with her.

Mu Qing wanted to persuade His Highness to not look for that 'Wife JiejIe' but when he saw the innocent eyes staring at him with great expectation, Mu Qing felt like someone was gripping his heart tightly, making him want to slap himself for thinking of stopping His Highness' happiness.

So what if His Highness fancied someone who was already engage?

So what if he had to forcefully snatch the bride and pressure her family?

He, Mu Qing, would do everything for His Highness sake!

'Who cares about the imperial face? Who cares about those malicious people? As long as His Highness is happy, I, Mu Qing, am willing to swim the ocean and cross the mountains!'

Mu Qing placed his pinky around Xu Fei Yi, sealing his promise to find the 'Wife JieJie' and make her His Highness' woman.

"Your Highness, I, Mu Qing, will try my best!"

"En!"

Too bad, Mu Qing never thought that he would have to slap himself later for agreeing to Xu Fei Yi's demand.

-------

XuanRong was currently walking tirelessly on the road. She had been to Lu Shan for almost a month already, but she had not visited the town yet. In her previous lifetime, she was not able to leave the manor on her own free will. She could only count in one hand the instances where she was able to leave the manor and went to the town's center.

XuanRong was not alone, she had YuYing at her left side and a guard at her right side. Zou mama wanted to assign three more guards to follow them for XuanRong's safety, but she vetoed the idea. She did not want to walk around the market with many people tagging with her, invoking other people's curiosity. She wanted to move freely without any disturbance and away from the prying gazes of people. Once they know that she was the infamous XuanRong, the arrogant daughter of Prime Minister Xuan and the Eldest Di daughter of the Xuan family in the capital, for sure, she would not be able to enjoy her trip to the town's market.