22 ~ take that back

Draco was a little early, waiting for you. He was excited and curious where this was going to bring you two. He leaned against the wall and watched the door.

'Draco!'

Before he knew it Pansy was wrapped around him. Draco sighed and grabbed her arms. He removed her from him and pushed her back a little.

'What are you doing here?' She asked.

'I'm waiting for someone. Not you.' He sighed.

'I'm sure it's not important. We can go hang out.' She said.

Draco felt very pressured and violated at that point. Pansy tried to grab him again but he swatter her away.

'Pansy, you're not always the most important person that I have to please. We are just friends.'

'I was going to go get the last of the winter treats before they're swapped out. You don't have to be such an idiot and join me.'

Draco looked at her, annoyed. This wasn't how he wanted to start his date.

'I said no. Leave me alone.'

'What's been up with you? We hardly hang out anymore. You're always busy. Lately you were starting to come back again and now you're like this.'

He knew what she was on about. He noticed it too. He didn't mind the change though. He liked it.

'Well, I have realised that there is more out here then just a group of sad and pathetic slytherins, dwelling on how bad our lives are.'

'What's gotten into you?' Pansy asked.

You headed outside and saw Draco in the courtyard. Talking to Pansy. You hated her and you didn't want to interfere because she would only make everything worse. You hoped Draco would notice you soon enough.

'I don't know.' He said. 'Maybe I just realised not everyone is as bad as we think.'

'It's Y/L, right? What, did she use some kind of love potion on you? Is she poisoning you?'

Draco snorted and shook his head in disappointment.

'About that, leave her alone. She has enough to deal with and she doesn't need you bothering her or her sister. If I ever hear you or see you do that, I will not take your side. If it continues too long, I will not be friends with you anymore.'

You smiled as you managed to hear what he said. That was sweet. You patiently waited for him to turn around and notice you.

'You-'

'No Pansy. Please leave.'

She huffed and stormed off. Draco sighed, fixed his outfit and then turned around. You looked at him with an amused smile. His face lit up immediately as he saw you.

'Sneaky.' He laughed. 'How much of that did you hear.'

You walked over to him and looked up at him.

'Enough. That was really sweet.. thank you.'

Draco looked at you. He turned his face away and grinned, biting his lip shortly.

'What?'

'Don't look at me like that.' He smiled.

'Like what?'

He looked back at you.

'You have a tenancy to look at me all innocent. Like I just saved your life from some evil monster and you can't live without me. That's why princess suits you.'

You blushed and decided to turn away from him.

'Let's go.'

Draco started heading towards Hogsmeade with you. You looked at him. He seemed confident and proud. The way he was walking besides you.

'What did Pansy want?' You asked.

'She wanted to take me to hogsmeade but I told her I had plans and she got mad.' Draco sighed. 'But that's alright.'

'I'm really sorry for the problem I cause with your friends.'

Draco stopped and turned to you. He raised his brows and grabbed your arm.

'Take that back.' He said.

You looked at him and frowned in confusion.

'What?'

'Take that back. Never feel sorry for something that isn't your fault.' He spoke. 'You do that a lot. It's not your fault that she's a jealous bitch.'

He had a point there.

'Alright. I take it back.'

'Good.' He smiled while letting you go.

You continued walking to hogsmeade. The weather was luckily starting to get a little warmer. The pack of snow had started to melt.

Heading into the three broomsticks felt like a real redo of new years. He moved your chair back as you sat down. He took the spot in front of you.

'Seems familiar.' You joked.

'Let's do it properly this time.'

Draco ordered you some drinks and looked at you.

'Also I do need to make something clear.' Draco said. 'I want to do this properly but I need you to know something.'

You sat up a little and gave him a confused look. He suddenly sounded really serious.

'Alright.. go ahead.x

I'm a Malfoy. My life.. is more complicated than others. I might have to act a certain way or make choices that you will never understand. And I need you to trust and accept me. I need you to be able to take everything that life will throw at you. Else I can't let you in. Not in my heart, not in my life.'

You didn't know what he meant. It sounded serious but at that point you didn't know the true extend of what he meant. You thought it might be that you were a hufflepuff. Maybe they couldn't accept your relationship? That was what you thought.. unaware of his grim future.

'Okay.. I promise.' You said. 'I don't know exactly what you're getting at.. and you're right I'll never understand. But I can try.'

He smiled.

'Good. I hope you're a great secret keeper.' He grinned.

Your drinks arrived and you started on your first official date.