Prologue, Part 3: About the party

"Hello?"

a faint familiar voice can be heard.

"...Hellooo"

The voice grows louder and louder.

"Hellllooooo..."

The voice then calls her name.

"Earth to Anny?? Do you copy???"

"Ah."

Snapped, her mind is brought back to the real world, realizing that she has been lost in her memories for the whole time while Mia is on her phone.

She could not remember anything Mia had said during the meantime.

"Sorry! I got distracted. Were you talking about something?"

"Agh, this always happens! No wonder it felt like I was talking to myself!"

"Sorry!"

Just like before, Annie tried to apologize again. It is her fault though, it is rude to think about something else if you're on a call with someone else.

"Anyway, I called you because I want to tell you something."

"Something?"

"Guess."

"Huh!?!?"

Mia tried to play tricks on her, to no surprise, it worked effectively.

"Still can't tell? Alright, not telling!"

"Hey!"

Annie grumped while raising a fist, she really wanted to know.

"Ahaha, just kidding!"

"Hmph."

Having annoyed, Annie sighed, accepting that she has been played once again.

"So, what is it?"

"Would you like to go to a party soon?"

"Party?"

"Yeah, wait, have you never been to a party before!?"

"You know I am not that lonely.."

"Really? I just know about this!"

"..."

It is true, despite her low social status, she has been to several parties before, even though most of them are because she was forced to go.

"Well anyway, it is a wedding party-"

"You're getting married!?"

"Huh? Who is- What?? No! Let me finish first!!"

Before Mia could finish her sentence, Annie was suddenly shocked, cutting off her speech and catching her off guard. She totally did not expect her close friend to be suddenly taken by someone. She has been hanging out with her close friend since forever, yet she never heard about her having an affair with someone.

Annie then slightly teared up in shock.

"Why... did you n-never tell me??"

"Hear me out first goddamn it! First of all, it is not me! Second of all, stop crying! I can see you sobbing even though I'm not even there!!"

"Oh, it isn't you?"

Annie's dismayed expression then reverted into her casual neutral one in an instant.

"Yes!!"

"Oh, sorry."

"Grrrr..."

Annie shows a smirk on her face, she can tell Mia's face is furious. Serves her right! Payback for messing with her feelings earlier.