Babysitting Neighbor

[A/N: I hope y'all don't mind if the chapter takes a while to upload. My inspiration and time to write have been running low. Mock exams are coming up, good luck to anyone with tests or exams.]

[A/N: Also, please do comment or leave a vote. It's always a delight to know what y'all thing, whether good or bad (constructive hopefully).]

One human stood on the couch, and the other, not so much human, stood by the door. A loud and dramatic proclamation echoed in the dimly lit room. "So, this is how it goes. Being abandoned by your brother, placed in another's hands." With an air of exaggeration as if recounting an epic tale, the girl continued, "Who knows! He could be going to Las Vegas!"

"Stop being dramatic, Nina." The brother said as he flipped the lights on.

Ignoring his words, she added, "Oh! The hurt. The light!"

"What are you a vampire?"

Nina stood there staring at her brother for a second before her mouth opened, "...you suck, brother."

Percy cleared his throat, attempting to regain control, "Jason, I'm—." Nina's theatrical declaration cut off his words before he could finish.

"Save your apologies, Percy. The queen, a 16-year-old very independent that does not need an effing babysitter, has spoken!" Honestly, Nina wanted to say 'Perseus' to be more dramatic but knew how much trouble she would be in. It doesn't seem weird to call siblings by their names in normal households, but Percy's mind doesn't work like that. Being called Perseus by his little sister would just be disrespectful. When has he cared about respect, you may ask? He doesn't. He just likes showing her he's superior.

"It's been weeks, get over that name, please!" Percy complained. It was amusing then, but it was not amusing now after her dramatics come back once a week. He hoped it was her last, the week he was away.

Leaning against the doorway, an amused smirk played on Jason's lips as he decided to join in on the theatrics. "Ah, the grand departure of our dear Percy! Off to Las Vegas, leaving his sister in the care of... whatevermynicknameistoday. What a tragedy!" Jason wouldn't have joined her theatrics. It was just the way Percy coughed that he wanted to join. The cough seemed so like Bruce when he wanted control over a situation but had given up. Annoying them was part of the fun.

Turning her attention to Jason, Nina's eyes sparkled mischievously. "Ah, the infamous partner in crime himself, the noble accomplice! I feel safer already."

Playing along, Jason gave a flourishing bow. "Your safety is my utmost priority, my lady. Fear not, for I shall protect you from the perils of boredom and the tyranny of uneventful evenings."

Percy chuckled at the impromptu comedy, realizing his departure had taken an unexpected turn. "Well, as long as my sister is in one piece when I get back, I guess I can trust the dynamic drama duo."

Nina pointed an accusing finger at Percy. "You're abandoning me for the bright lights of Las Vegas! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, they say. Are you leaving behind some scandalous secret?"

Raising an eyebrow, Percy clarified, "I'm leaving for a marine biology conference, not a wild party. And I trust you'll survive a few days without my thrilling presence."

With a dramatic sigh, Nina lamented, "Oh, the burden of solitude. How shall I endure this week without my dear brother's profound conversations about marine life?"

Then Jason matched her dramatic energy, "Fear not, fair maiden, for I am here to fill the void with tales of my daring escapades and thrilling vigilante adventures."