Chapter 1

A man was sitting in the cabin, immersed in checking some document files on his laptop, when he heard his phone ring loudly. He glanced at the screen and saw that it was the call from his mother. He reluctantly answered the call, knowing that she would have something to say about his marriage.

"Hello, Vihaan," his mother said in a cheerful voice (Divya).

"Yes, Mom." Vihaan answered in a monotone.

"Where are you now, beta?" Divya asked him curiously.

"Office," Vihaan answered with a heavy sigh.

"Vihaan, you got married yesterday. Do you remember that?" Divya spoke out in a surprised and slightly annoyed tone, listening to his son who was in the office rather than the house of his wife to spend some quality time with her.

"How can you go to the office today, Vihaan? You should be present with her in her house for pagphera rasam. It's an important ritual for the newlyweds." Divya spoke out in a surprised and concerned tone, listening to his son who was in the office rather than the house of his wife to perform the customary ceremony.

"Mom, did you forget what happened yesterday?" Vihaan spoke out in an irritated and frustrated tone.

"What do you mean, Vihaan?" Divya spoke out in a worried and confused tone.

"Leave it, Mom. I will talk to you later." Vihaan sighed and cut the call abruptly.

Vihaan sighed and kept his head on the backside of the moving chair, feeling exhausted and restless. He got flashes of yesterday, how they got to marry hot in the circumstances. How the hell did the bride of his, who was supposed to get married to him in a lavish wedding, run away with her boyfriend at the last moment? And the grandfather of his, Mr. Shlok Rajvansh, who was a strict and influential man, got another girl to be his bride within 45 minutes, without giving him any choice. But he always had one question: why the hell did she get ready to marry him in such a short time? He was wondering what was her motive and what was her background. He remembered what he said to her last night, that she should not expect any kind of love and expectation from him as he didn't have time for that infatuation in his busy life. He remembered what he did this morning too.

Flashbacks:-

Vihaan and Manvi were sitting in the car and Vihaan was driving as he had driven Manvi to her house for ritual ceremony. He was supposed to spend some time with her and get to know her better, but he got a call from his office about an urgent meeting that he had to attend. He remembered that he had an important deal to close and he couldn't afford to miss it. He stopped the car in the middle of the road and asked Manvi to get out.

"Get out of the car now," Vihaan said in a cold and harsh tone.

"Huh!! Sorry what?" Manvi said in a confused and shocked tone. She couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I said get out as I remembered an important meeting I have to attend now," Vihaan said in an annoyed and impatient tone. He was getting super late for the meeting and he didn't care about Manvi's feelings.

"Ohh okay" Manvi said and get out of the car as soon as possible. She knew Vihaan's cold avatar very well. Manvi had worked with Rajvansh for three months as the wedding planner and she had seen how he treated his employees and clients. He was rude, arrogant, and insensitive. He never smiled or showed any emotion. He only cared about his work and his money.

"Lis" Manvi going to say something but Vihaan accelerated his car and left her behind.

"Kamaal banda hai yeh. Meri baat bhi nahi suni, huh!! Ab chal, Manu. Iss aadhe raste mein kya karegi tu? Chal," Manvi murmured to herself and started walking and took an auto and said to driver to take in an cafe.