Chapter 25: Dance Competition

P.O.V. Tessy

I woke up and immediately played my song to practice. Colby called me yesterday saying that they would land around 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Nikki and I are going to pick them up. So after a bit of practicing I took a shower and put on a cute outfit. I walked downstairs to find Nikki doing her exercises. She is wearing her blue sport leggings and blue hoodie. "How is it going with your shoulder?" I ask her.

"Not good.. I can't get it higher than this without pain." She says in disappointment. I look at her and tell her it needs time. "You are a sporter and want everything to heal within seconds but this needs time." She looks at me and gives me an approving smile. I grabbed some coffee and walked to the car. Nikki sat down next to me as I started the car. We Drove off towards the airport.

We waited for the boys when I saw someone run my way. It was Colby. He swung me in the air and kissed me. "I missed you babe," Colby says. Next to me I see a careful Sam give a kiss to Nikki, Making sure not to touch the wrong shoulder. We walked back to the car.

Sam and Colby put on some comfy clothes when we arrived back at our place. Nikki was sitting at the couch and I was warming my muscles. "I am gonna perform one last time because tomorrow is the show." I say to Nikki as she nods. I start my dance when Sam and Colby walk back in. Sam sits down with Nikki and places her legs over his legs. Colby sits next to them as he watches.

After I am done Sam and Colby ask at the same time: "Can you teach me?" Nikki starts laughing and grabs her phone as I stand in front of the boys. "Okay follow me 5, 6, 7, 8," I say. They try their hardest. Nikki is filming everything and laughing a lot. After a while I couldn't contain my laughter anymore.

~~~

It's the next day. Which means it's dance competition day. I put all my outfits and my food in my bag. I already put my stage make-up on. Today I have 2 solos and 2 group dances. I'm quite scared because it's the last competition before my break and it's also nationals so the most important competition of the year. Luckily Nikki and the guys will be there to support me so everything we'll be alright. Not that much later Colby comes into my room to say that it is time to leave. I'm so glad he will bring me to the competition.

We're in the car and the nerves are getting to me. "Babe, no need to be nervous, you're gonna rock this. I believe in you," Colby says while resting his hand on my thigh. "Thanks hun, I needed that so bad. But can we now listen to some music so I can forget these nerves a bit?"I ask him. He nods and turns on the radio.

We jam to our favorite bands until we arrive at the venue. Before I step out of the car I give Colby a kiss but when I pull away he pulls me back in and gives me a kiss that's more passionate than before. "Good luck babe, you're gonna own this," He says before I step out of the car. I blew him one last kiss before entering the venue.

~~~~

I'm getting ready for my streetdance/commercial solo. I put my hair in a half up half down bun. My outfit is white cargo jeans with a white top and a turtleneck cut in half paired with white Fila shoes.

"Here is entry number 64 with Breakin' Dishes." I take a deep breath and Breakin' Dishes by Rihanna starts to play and I dance like I never danced before. I hit every beat and own the stage.

~~~

Contemporary group dance is done. We aced it but everyone is so good and I'm scared we won't place at all. I'm putting on my Contemporary solo costumes. It is a beautiful red dress with blue at the and with beautiful stones all over it. I do my hair in 2 Dutch braids.My dance is the last before the break. So I text my friends to meet me after my dance at the performers entrance. I give my dance friends one last hug before I need to go to the stage.

"Here is entry number 234 with Lover Of Mine," sounds through the speakers. I walk onto the stage and take some deep breaths before Lover Of Mine by 5SOS starts playing. I see my boyfriend and friends looking so proud at me during my dance. I want to smile but I have to keep my "sad" expression because of the dance. Seeing them makes me want to win even more.

I do my last barrel turn and roll onto the ground into my ending pose. The music fades out and I see everyone standing and clapping super loudly. I hear a familiar whistle. It's Colby, he looks super proud. I give a quick smile before running off the stage to the performers entrance. I open the door and see Nikki and the guys. We hugged each other in a group hug. "You did so great," Nikki said proudly. "Great is not even the word, it was awesome!" Sam says.

I face Colby and he looks so proud of me. "You were amazing, even if you end in the last place you'll always be number one for me." I give him a big hug and a kiss as a thank you. We chatted for a bit before I needed to head back inside.

~~~

After the break the Awards ceremony started. With my Contemporary group dance we placed second and with my streetdance group dance we placed third. Now the solos, first streetdance. Third place went to a girl who was really good and I probably never gonna place because she was way better than me. "Second place goes to..... act 64 Breakin' Dishes." I stood up with disbelief in my eyes. I received the award and thanked the jury.

Now contemporary. Third place is given to someone,second place is given to someone now we ended in first place. I'm never gonna win this. The people who won 2nd and 3rd place were way better than me. "The first place goes with the best score of today to......" I can't take this, my nerves are getting too high.