Gah Daym!

(Y/N) POV:

I've been walking through the town for some time. I am trying to turn in my CV to as many places as possible. Each time, I was unsuccessful because everyone seemed to be on the brink of being over staffed. I guess that'd happen when you only have a few shops/cafes/bars in a somewhat isolated town.

But I didn't give up. Eventually, I ended up at the local diner again. The same as yesterday. Now, this place would be either a make or break deal because this is my last resort.

I approached the front bar and asked the employee working there, "Hey, could I apply for a job here, please?"

They staired at me for a couple of seconds before nodding, "Sure, let me get our manager." I smiled and sat down on one of the stools. Not too long after, who I guessed was the manager who approached where I was sitting and handed me a job application. "So I see you want to work here, yes?"

I nodded and smiled. "Yeah... do you need my CV?" I said as I started filling the application in. "Yes, could you please email it over to me, please?"

I looked up at him and got my phone out, "Sure, I can do it right now if you want." I said, opening email and clicking on compose.

He smiled again and started to tell it to me. I typed it in and attached the CV document. I sent it over to him afterwards. "So now that's sorted, I'll give you a ring or drop you an email when I'm ready. Now, is there anything else?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. That's all, thank you." We shook hands on it, and I left the diner.

Now exited by this new prospect of a job, I briskly made my way back to my apartment (I never found an air conditioner in the end).

I entered my apartment and sat down on my sofa. I noticed I was feeling a bit tired, so I thought perhaps I'd make myself some coffee. I went to go grab my favourite and only mug from the cupboard and the instant coffee.

It wasn't there. "Where did it go?" I asked myself. I probably misplaced it accidentally, although I remember last having it in the cupboard and I haven't touched it since.

But to be safe, I checked all the kitchen cupboards. Ontop of the fridge, the coffee table, the TV stand, my bedside table, my window sill. It wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere.

My mind immediately went back to last night's events. "That cheeky bastard. It stole my god damn cup!" I exclaimed out loud. I was pissed.

I know it may sound silly and childish, but I'm a bit possessive over certain things I own. You don't take my stuff!

I sat down on my sofa and started to think. This is the only cup I actually had, so now I had to use the bowl I brought with me to make my coffee. I sipped it from the bowl as I started thinking.

That's when an idea popped into my head. What if I kept the windows open again tonight, borrowed one of Pauline's many guns, stayed up, and waited for that bugger to show up.

This was a very frustration fuled plan in the moment, but it was the only one I could come up with at the time. So I got up and made my way down to Pauline. I knock on her door and wait for her arrival. She eventually opened it. "Wuddoyawant?" She said in her usual raspy voice with a cigarette in hand. "Hi Pauline. Just need a favour. Could you please lend me one of your guns. Only for tonight. I have a plan for if and when that thing shows up again."

She stared at me with her tired eyes before she shut the door in my face. Just when I thought this was her way of saying no, t the door opened again, and she handed me a double barrel shot gun with half a box of a dozen barrels. "Just gimme it back in the mornin', bubba." She said before leavening me outside her apartment with a gun and barrels in hand.