Chai tea

As Simon made his way to the coffee shop, a realization struck him: he hadn't properly thanked you for the bookmarks you made him yesterday. The thought lingered in his mind as he pushed open the door, greeted by the comforting aroma of freshly baked goods and the sight of you waiting behind the counter.

A small smile tugged at his lips as you acknowledged his presence. "How was your walk here?" you asked, gently sliding the cup of tea over, careful not to spill any.

"Bloody cold,"

"Yeah, it's been getting a lot colder these past few days," you noted, as he reached into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out the money and handing it to you.

"What's your favorite type of tea?" you thought to yourself for a moment as you place the money in the register.

"Probably chai tea" Nodding appreciatively, Simon grabbed the large mug off the counter.

"Thanks for the cup, love" Simon offered a small smile as he walked to his table, settling down with the familiar book he had been engrossed in for the past few days.

Throughout his reading, Simon periodically checked the time on his watch, ensuring he caught you a few minutes before your break. Every few pages, his gaze would shift from his wrist to you and back to his book.

As the watch read ten minutes till your break, Simon got up, placed his book on the table, and walked up to you. "Could I get a cup of chai, love?"

"Of course," you replied with a wide smile. The surprise in your eyes was evident as he ordered something other than his usual, and opting for something you liked, it added an extra layer of warmth to the usual routine.

A few minutes later you approached Simon's table with a calm grace, the mug held delicately in your hands. With a gentle touch, you placed it down in front of him, the rich aroma of chai swirling between you. You met his gaze with a genuine warmth in your eyes.

"It's yours, love. My treat since I wasn't able to thank you properly for the bookmarks," his words carried a sincerity that added a layer of sweetness to the moment.

A surprised and appreciative smile spread across your face. "Oh my god, this is so sweet, Simon. Thank you so much."

Simon felt that familiar sensation, the same feeling he experienced yesterday when he first laid eyes on the drawing you made, capturing his essence with such care and detail.

That indescribable feeling swirled deep within his chest, it was a sensation that transcended mere physical warmth; it made his heart feel lighter. The genuine appreciation in your eyes, and the soft inviting atmosphere you always seemed to carry, it all contributed to this sensation within him.

The warmth became even more pronounced when you spoke his name, the syllables carrying a sense of familiarity. It was as if the universe had conspired to create these small but significant moments that left an indelible mark on his heart. Simon found himself reveling in the genuine and unexpected warmth that had become a defining element of his encounters with you.

"Nothing compared to the bookmarks you made me. You can sit if you'd like," Simon motioned with his hand, his eyes warm with gratitude. You responded with a smile, beginning to untie your apron.

As you untied the apron strings, Simon couldn't help but admire the way you moved, the fluid grace in your motions. The comforting aroma of chai lingered in the air as you spoke, "Let me grab my book from the back really quick,"

With that, you walked towards the back of the coffee shop. A minute later, you reappeared, holding a book in your hands. The way you speed walked back to the table with a certain lightness in your step made Simon smile. Taking a seat across from him, you softly scooted yourself in. Sipping your tea, you then opened your book, engrossing yourself in the pages.