hello there!

this is your nocturnal, wine drunk, college student author speaking. stained glass kings is a labour of love, my first work on wattpad and also an entry for the open novella contest 2024 based on prompt no.5:

"Horror is in the eye of the beholder."

after writing exclusively gratuitous violence on my secret tumblr blog, imagine my surprise when i learned that wattpad has a little something called "content guidelines". so this is very toned down and not excessive at all but here's a list of content warnings for this book:

♤ violence
♤ gore
♤ mild sexual content
♤ some adult language

all fun stuff!

-

here's the synopsis:

When a struggling pianist takes up an offer to play at the mansion of an elusive billionaire dollmaker's son, she is not prepared for the horrors she finds within.

Trying to maintain her scholarship at Juilliard and also pay her rent, nineteen-year-old Divya Mahavant is playing at a piano bar for bejeweled New York socialites when she is approached by a handsome stranger. He is Alexander Glass, with his diamond eyes and charming smile and a cheque with more zeros than she has ever seen on a single line.

However, it is clear that there is something not quite right about the job and that The Glass Estate is hiding a sinister secret. Small things give it away at first--the ink pens filled with blood, the gilded paintings of eyeless corpses. The smell of rot masked by expensive perfumes.
The beautiful Alexander, who smiles wider each time her fingers falter on the piano keys.

As the horrors begin unraveling and the secrets begin festering, Divya cannot help but wonder if she will make it out alive.

-

aesthetics:

i spent way too long making that ahahaha

-

let me know if you're also participating in onc2024! im always looking to read new stories and make new friends :))

without further ado, let's move on to the actual story. all votes and comments are appreciated!