The Truth Would Terrify Them

☆⋆⋆⋆☆   song: under pressure by queen and david bowie   ☆⋆⋆⋆☆

Hello! Chapter Two is here! Hope you enjoy!

Dinner that night was a very enjoyable affair. Tom the innkeeper put three tables together in the parlor, and the seven Weasley's, Harry, Hermione, and Lyra ate their way through five delicious courses.

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous chocolate pudding.

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley.

Everyone looked up at him.

"Why?" asked Percy curiously.

Lyra, who knew very well why, stilled and went pale.

Harry, naturally, noticed this, and he began to become more concerned about her. He wondered why she kept doing this, and made a mental note to ask her later in private.

"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them-"

"-for Humongous Bighead," said Fred.

Everyone except Percy, Mrs. Weasley, and Lyra snorted into their pudding.

"Why are the Ministry providing cars, Father?" Percy asked again, in a dignified voice.

"Well, as we haven't got one anymore," said Mr. Weasley, "-and as I work there, they're doing me a favor-"

His voice was casual, but Harry couldn't help noticing that Mr. Weasley's ears had gone red, just like Ron's did when he was under pressure.

"Good thing, too," said Mrs. Weasley briskly. "Do you realize how much luggage you've all got between you? A nice sight you'd be on the Muggle Underground....You are all packed, aren't you?"

"Ron hasn't put all his new things in his trunk yet," said Percy, in a long-suffering voice. "He's dumped them on my bed."

"You'd better go and pack properly, Ron, because we won't have much time in the morning," Mrs. Weasley called down the table. Ron scowled at Percy.

Lyra couldn't help but smirk.

After dinner everyone felt very full and sleepy. One by one they made their way upstairs to their rooms to check their things for the next day. Ron and Percy were next door to Harry. He had just closed and locked his own trunk when he heard angry voices through the wall, and went to see what was going on. 

The door of number twelve was ajar and Percy was shouting.

Lyra was already in there, trying to calm everyone down, to no prevail.

"It was here, on the bedside table, I took it off for polishing-"

"I haven't touched it, all right?" Ron roared back.

"What's up?" said Harry.

"Percy's Head Boy Badge has disappeared." Lyra said simply.

"So's Scabber's rat tonic," said Ron, throwing things out of his trunk to look. "I think I might've left it in the bar-"

"You're not going anywhere till you've found my badge!" yelled Percy.

"Harry and I'll get Scabber's stuff. I'm already packed." Lyra said quickly.

"So am I." Harry said.

They were halfway along the passage to the bar, which was now very dark, when they heard another pair of angry voices coming from the parlor. A second later, Lyra whispered "Molly and Arthur," and sure enough, Harry recognized the voices as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Harry hesitated, not wanting them to know he'd heard them arguing, when the sound of his own name made him stop, then move closer to the parlor door. Cautiously, Lyra did the same.