Chapter 13

KOLE'S POV

Sunday

"What up?" Dapping hands with my brother Audrion as we came in for a quick hug. It was too cold to play ball on this Sunday late morning. The sun wasn't even out, and it was pass 11 o clock. Wind was blowing, so we decided to meet up Audrion's house to chill.

So far it was just me since I lived the closest. The rest were on their way. "What's been good with you?" Audrion asked, wrapping his locs up as he sat on the couch. "Same shit, different day," I said, watching his wife walk out the room yawning, small pregnant belly starting to stand out in her tank.

Kiya was like the only female I know that could match a nigga's attitude, word for word, vibe for vibe. Brown skin with dreads, and didn't take shit from no one. Usually quiet, and kept to herself. She kind of reminded me of Ossy in a way. If Ossy didn't run her mouth constantly. 

"Nigga what you smiling for?" Audrion asked, hitting me on the arm as Kiya waved at me. "You want something to drink Kole?" "I'm good mama," I told her, using her nickname as I hit Audrion back.

"You remember the girl I got into it with at the club? That video where she hit me?" "Yeah," he said, changing the station to ESPN, getting ready for Sunday football. "She's my girl now," I mumbled as Audrion looked at me, eyes wide just as two trucks pulled up, honking their horn.

"Nigga she's what?" Audrion laughed as I watched the rest of the Davis siblings pile out the trucks with food in their hand. We all brought over something since we planned on watching the game over here, and taking the stress of cooking off Kiya. 

"AYEEEEEE! What's good! Where lil mama at?" Adonis asked as he stepped in, screen door pulled back with everyone coming in behind him. "Nigga fuck you so loud for?" Kiya asked as she walked over hugging each other the brothers while taking a few bags.

"Yall trying to eat this now?" "Hell yeah," Don said. "Nah wait until the game," Pharaoh argued. "Hi girly," Karmmoni greeted as she hugged Kiya. "Girl I swear you're getting bigger by the day. Look at you! You're only just getting started too."

"I know, I'm already waiting, and ready for this baby to just hurry up, and come on out so I can be done with this process," Kiya said as the girls went into the kitchen. 

"Rise up mothafuckas!" Zek called out as he closed the screen door behind him. "Game day!" Nothing but falcon fans in this house. Ride hard for our team. Everyone started talking at once, trying to get a word in. Audrion wanted to know what was going on with Ossy, and I. Kenton was strangely quiet as he texted on his phone, sitting on the floor up against the couch, and the rest were just talking over each other. Fucking chaos.

Until it got around that I was now dating the girl who hit me in the face. That became the number one topic in the house at the moment. "Hold up, so you asked the bitch out? How the fuck did that happen? You liked her?" Zek went in as I sighed. Here we go. "Nah, the nigga probably felt bad for her. Maybe the pussy was good, and-." "No, of course he liked her," Pharaoh argued as I stayed quiet, letting them speak on the shit they knew nothing about, only assumed.

Again, Kenton who was the most hyper energetic was the quiet one in the room, just observing. "So when do I get to meet her? I'm going to let you know, I already don't like her, and I hope you don't expect me to treat her with respect after how she did you," Karmmoni said with an attitude as she sat down next to Kenton on the floor. 

"So why the fuck would I let you meet her than if that's the case?" I snapped. "All of yall don't know what the fuck is going on, you just assuming." "Bruh, how you fucking with a hoe that hit you, and spit on you in front of everybody? That shit don't make sense," Adonis argued.