7. The Next Crowned Virgin Mary

Hello my darlings c: Couldn't find a goddamn cover that I liked, so I made one. send me your covers for this book! I'd appreciate it c:

Dedicated to @idontcareomg because she finds fall out boy song lyrics within my chapters and it makes me jump for joy.

I'm starting school tomorrow :c consider this a goodbye summer gift for those of you who have already started or will be starting soon. Let's work hard this year! xoxo

* * *

7. The Next Crowned Virgin Mary

"Lacy, vous êtes tellement belle." Dante's voice murmurs in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He's holding me close against his chest as we dance to New York I Love You, which is pretty fitting considering my love for New York.

Okay I guess we're more like swaying than dancing to the music.

"You know, we've probably been dancing for three hours." I giggle, dizzy from champagne and a very French and dazzling Dante.

"Mais oui, I do dance for a living."

"Yeah, but even at events like this?"

"Only if I have a beautiful girl willing to dance with me." Dante winks and me and pulls me in closer. When I rest my head on his shoulder and let him guide me to the beat, he asks: "Are you sad, ma chérie?"

"I am not," I pout, opening my eyes before the image of Jace and the beautiful red head flashes through my brain again.

"Is it because of le garçon who has been looking at you all night?"

"What, who? Where?" I lift my head from his shoulder and look around me, secretly searching for Jace. "Wow, Dante, you liar."

"If I was not right, you would not even have looked, oui?" Dante smirks and looks straight into my eyes. I gulp for breath, trying to steady my heartbeat before I get lost in those strikingly blue eyes. "You are young and beautiful. That man does not deserve you wasting your night pining for him."

"I'm not pining for anyone. I am simply rethinking my life choices." I laugh softly.

"In that case, follow me."

Dante takes advantage of our closeness and pulls on my arm to follow him. When he starts running, I'm left scrambling to keep up before my arm detaches from my body.

"Dante. Arms. Are. Not. Supposed. To. Stretch. Like. This." I gasp, tripping on my heels and flowy dress.

"Attendez, ma chérie, we are almost there." With one last pull, Dante leads me into a small room with bare walls and a single breathtaking chandelier.

"Alone time," he grins, pulling me to resume our previous dancing position. "I am sorry I have rushed you."

"Warn a girl next time," I laugh, punching his arm jokingly. "I could've broke my nose, trying to keep up with you."

"It is a good thing to have an exciting relationship."

I freeze for a moment. Would have Jace and I had an exciting relationship?

Please, Lacy, you barely know the man whore.

"So Lacy, tell me about your rethought life choices." Dante chuckles, swaying me to silent music. "Was I right about the boy?"

"Yeah," I sigh, blowing out a puff of air. "We just had a moment and I thought it meant something. I guess not."

Giving him a smile, I can't help but ignore the stab in my stomach. I don't know why Jace and the red head bothered me so much. I don't have the right to be jealous.