The Son's Hunt

3 years later, Ddraig watches as his son hunts his first prey, a Great Jaggi. Stalking through the forest and keeping his eyes trained on the raptor, Xeno waited for the right moment. His posture stiff, ready to pounce at a moment's notice.

Then, right as the Great Jaggi reached down to eat it's own fallen prey, Xeno jumped out of the tall trees and swiftly latched onto the GJ's back. Biting down on the back of its neck in an attempt to kill it instantly. But unfortunately, Xeno movements had alerted the Bird Wyvern of his presence and allowed it to throw him off before he could get a strong hold.

Failing to kill it, but wounding it greatly. Startled and terrified, the Great Jaggi let out a loud, resonating roar. Bringing a smirk to Ddraig's maw and scowl to Xeno's.

'Here comes the pack.' They thought.

Bursting out of the trees, numerous Jaggis' circled around the Dark Light Dragon. There gazes venomous, but so was Xeno's. With a roar, he gathered the powerful blue energy pooled up inside of him and released it in breath attack.

Hitting many Jaggi and burning many trees as some jumped out of the way and rushed him. Which Xeno met head on, biting into one and trashing another as the others bit into him, doing little to nothing to the dragon. But keeping his attention of them as the limping Great Jaggi ran into the fray.

And due to his inexperience, Xeno'jiiva reacted to late and was tackled into the ground. Roaring, the young dragon overpowered the GJ  by biting into it's neck once again. Pulling them both into a roll until Xeno had the wyvern on the ground.

It's pack, sensing their leader's desperation, jumped on top of the dragon but were pushed off when Xeno flapped his wings and took flight. The Great Jaggi's neck still in his mouth as the beast struggled against him. But Xeno finished him first, using another torrent of blue energy at point-blank. Erasing the GJ's head in a matter of seconds.

Dropping the corpse to the ground, Xeno watched as the remaining Jaggi fled after seeing their leader's state. And Xeno didn't chase them. He already finished his mission.

Landing on top of the beast, Xeno began eating him without ceremony. Consuming that valuable life energy right up. Even as Ddraig landed next to him. The towering red dragon standing at least 5 times taller than him.

Looking down at the GJ, Ddraig spoke. "Good job. Your stealth still needs work. But I don't think even I could kill a Great Jaggi at 3 years of age."

It was astonishing, in truth. Regular Jaggis are one thing, but Great Jaggi are actually wyverns. And this one was easily in its prime and twice the size of Xeno. Who still managed to pick up the GJ, despite the size difference.

"Perhaps next time, I should find a real dragon for you to fight." Ddraig pondered.

Finishing his meal, Xeno agreed. "Sounds like fun. Let's do it." He was already hungry just thinking about it.

Ddraig smirked. "Maybe later. You still have to shed a few more times before you can fight a matured dragon. Or would you prefer a smaller one, like you? I can-"

"No, that wouldn't be fun at all." Xeno interjected. Which only made Ddraig chuckle at his dissatisfaction.

'Don't worry, Xeno'jiiva. It won't be long now until you're at that level, with the rate you're growing.' Ddraig thought. "Then, be patient. Good things come to those who wait."

Ddraig noticed it awhile back, but Xeno'jiiva has a unique constitution that no other dragon has. When he eats, he consumes the nutrients directly, and then sheds after a certain threshold is reached. Becoming stronger, smarter, and bigger with each one. Which is why he's already the size of a house in only three years.

At this rate, it will take less than 5 years for Xeno'jivva to become an elder dragon. Perhaps even sooner if he eats stronger foes consistently. Something that Xeno has taken a liking too in the last year. Almost refusing to fight or even eat weaker opponents.

"That's what a loser would do." Xeno had said once.

Back to the present, Xeno reluctantly nodded and flapped his wings. Ddraig following as they left. Flying back to the mountain they call home. But on the way, they spotted a purple fog.

Ddraig grimaced. Spite twisting his features. "Gore Magala..." He growled.

"Who?" Xeno asked.

Ddraig nodded over to the purple fog covering a portion of the forest. "He's an elder dragon, one of the younger ones, but just as dangerous. That fog over there is the Frenzy Virus, a deadly pathogen that Gore emits. It can bring the dead back to life as berserkers and it even works on the living, if exposed. They call him the 'Dark Eclipse'. And he shouldn't be here."

Xeno nodded. "Elder's never come here." He said, excitement evident.

Ddraig shook his head. "You won't be fighting this one, Xeno'jiiva. He's too strong for the current you."

"Wha-" Ddraig glared at him.

"You won't be fighting this one." Ddraig growled.

"... Alright." Xeno relented.

"Good. Stay here. I'll deal with him before he destroys anything else." The red dragon said, flying off toward the fog.

On the ground, Gore Magala hummed. "Dum. Dum. Dum. Dum, dum. D-huh? ...What's that?" He couldn't see, since he has no eyes, but Gore Magala suddenly felt a terrible presence.

It took him all of three seconds to realize who it was. "D-Ddraig!? What is he doing here!? Wait! That doesn't matter, I gotta go!" Bolting through the forest, ignoring everything in his way, Gore Magala never looked back.

But if he had, he would have been caught up in the flames that rained down from above. Burning that entire area in an instant and eradicating the Frenzy Virus that had pollinated it. Leaving behind a wasteland of flames, the signature of Y Ddraig Goch.

"... Strong." Xeno spoke in awe.

He wants to be that strong. He needs to become that strong. No, he will. In that moment, Xeno swore that he would surpass his father... or die trying.

There was no in between.

Somewhere else, a European-like dragon with a long serpentine neck and tail opened its eyes slightly... before going back to sleep.

'It's still too early... '